I LOVE when the girls get their imagination going...and I especially love when someone tells me that they are taking care of Sunday Dinner!
Lindsay and Caroline presented us with our invitation after lunchtime on Sunday afternoon. Exactly as worded on the invite:
Derections: Dress like you are going to a ball for dinner.
Thank you!
Oo la la!!
The girls chose fancy dresses for themselves to wear and picked a dress for me, jewelry and shoes for me. (A dress I bought to wear on a cruise 4 years ago...) Steve looked handsome in a dark suit, of course!
We came outside to the table and an announcement was made: "After dinner we will have dancing. "
We dined and laughed together and had the best time! Once Steve augmented his dinner with a hot dog, everyone was satisfied.
Kate joined us after a while - she was still asleep when the party began - it was supposed to be a 6:00pm party but the girls were so excited it got moved up to 5:30. We had pulled up the car so Kate could drink her milk.
Steve went inside and grabbed the kitchen radio/iPod speaker doc thing and played some tunes. We danced and played ring around the rosie and Lindsay showed us her disco skills! We just channel surfed for music, whatever sounded good at the time.Afterward we sat on a blanket under the stars eating ice cream sandwiches and helped Lindsay work on her poem recitation that was due for school Monday. Really, it was a dreamy night.
I love this little family of ours - we should party more often!












6 comments:
I think this is one of the cutest stories ever! Really, your girls are so clever and imaginative. I'm sure this made your day!
Girls have so much imagination! How cute of them to put that all together! I was impressed this weekend when Hayden wanted to decorate a pizza box. Even my fridn Sarah remarked on how creative he was. Hmm, a far cry from a Sunday night dinner for sure! Lindsay and Caroline are so cute!
um, where did the cast come from?? i feel like i am missing something!!
You have the cutest family!
Oh la la is right! That is very posh. How I wish we didn't have church until late -- it really ruins the Sunday mojo. All morning Dustin is in meetings and I'm trying to keep the kids from messing up the house and then we get home, make dinner, eat dinner, clean up and it' bed. I hate it! Plus everyone's cranky from no naps
Also -- the apple sauce had me concerned until I figured out what it was. I thought they had made split pea soup.
Fun family memory! I love the dancing pics. Emma thought it was all a "good idea". =-)
Post a Comment