Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A little plug...for a great cause!


My friend Shawni has written and photographed this book with her mother, Linda Eyre. You may know this family from their countless books on family and relationships, the creative force behind Joy School, frequent speakers at LDS Education Week, appearances on countless TV shows, etc. Shawni has written on her blog about their youngest daugther Lucy, who is pictured on the cover of the book. She has a rare genetic disorder Bardet-Biedl which will eventually cause her to lose her sight, along with a long list of developmental challenges. Shawni, her mom Linda, and husband Dave have decided to give a portion of proceeds of this book to the Foundation for the Blind.

Pick up a copy of the book (a great Mother's Day gift, I am sure!) and one for yourself and get some reviews on Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com. The more positive reviews, the more they stock the book, the more they sell, the more they donate to this foundation.

If any of you have been to my house or have admired several of the lovely black and white photo shoots (OK - a bunch are not hung right now...I am working on re-hanging stuff!) you have seen her work. It is gorgeous. I admire her and her dedication to motherhood and womanhood. She is truly an example of making the best experiences with your family.

AND...if you are in my ward, she will be our guest speaker at our May HFPE night next Thursday!!! I mentioned it in passing when I saw her last fall at an event and she emailed me after Christmas and said she would love to do it. I am not sure That the HFPE speaking circuit is her gig so I feel especially thrilled to have her come!


6 comments:

aelizabethgarner said...

Hey meredith:

Linked to your blog from Shawni's. how are you doing? I loved seeing your darling new addition to your family? Are your little girls still dancing? I miss talking to you. Say hi to your little ones.

love
Anne
(miss Annie)

Joy said...

Oh wow I wish I lived closer so I could come to your HFPE. It sounds like it will be great.
I enjoyed reading about your darling girls special dinner. That is a wonderful memory you'll remember long after they forget. It's great that you have photos of the event.
It's obvious that you are a very loving an devoted momma because you are raising such sweet caring daughters.

Oh, and I think I may have to try that killer brownie recipe!

Shawni said...

Oh man that's so nice of you Meredith! Thank you from all my heart. Love, Shawni

Shawni said...

I also have to say that "family dinner ball" thing was the cutest thing ever. What a great idea.

Alison said...

ok, Meredith...

have Molly send me the info about the HFPE. I would love to come if I can work out the schedule.

Alison (Molly's friend... not to be confused with your cousin Alison... *wink*)

Elasha said...

Hi Meredith, this looks like a good book and a great cause! We have enjoyed many of the Eyres' parenting books. Good luck with the cast and mending and it looks like you had a wonderful Sunday recently!