
The Prophet said to plant a garden, so that's what we'll do
For God has given rich brown soil, the rain and sunshine too
And if we plant the seeds just right and tend them carefully
Before we know good things will grow to feed our family.
For God has given rich brown soil, the rain and sunshine too
And if we plant the seeds just right and tend them carefully
Before we know good things will grow to feed our family.
And the second verse is all about planting enough to fill our needs and sharing our extra with friends. I don't think our little garden experiment will yield THAT much but we are at least hopeful that a few things will sprout from seed and the transplants will stay healthy! We got a bit of a late start for spring gardening around here but are still within acceptable planting range on a few things. I have had some plans for raised garden beds that I want to build and each year we don't do it - something gets in the way! And this year there is talk about a possible move so I don't want to invest in beds for a yard we may be leaving. (I will let you know when it is more than a possibility...it would only be to a larger home in the area, nothing drastic.) So, we went with a small container garden with a few favorites: 2 blueberry shrubs (hot weather friendly variety...) tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, carrots, beans, zucchini and cucumber, and assorted herbs, and of course, some flowers out front. We need to work out a watering system - gardening here requires so much water and TLC!!!
Oh, and by the way...Saturday afternoon Lindsay went to get her arm checked out - on Thursday she had fallen while pulling Caroline in the wagon and landed on her left hand. After two days of favoring it and being in pain, we took her to Urgent Care Saturday afternoon. For sure we have a damaged tendon and less sure a break. Doc thought for sure there was a break but the x-ray was maybe yes/maybe no. So, after a few days of the rockin' purple splint (you can see it in the post before this one) we will remove it and check pain/mobility/etc. If it is still a problem, off to the orthopedist we go. They referred me to Kate's foot doc so we already know him. Lindsay was of course bummed she didn't get a "real cast like Ellie" right off the bat but the purple wrap helps with the cool factor!












6 comments:
Cute garden, if only I could have made my blueberry bushes survive, I might be tempted to plant a garden... But alas, they are dead along with my hopes of my very own garden (this year at least). I can't wait to see it yielding some good food!
We're back from our weekend getaway adventure...so I'll put all my comments on one post!
Congrats on the garden. Hope it goes well. Good idea to do it tubs. What's this about possibly moving? I've heard south about 5 miles is a nice area...
Sorry to hear about Lindsay's arm. Sounds like Natalie's leg issues a few months ago.
What a fun little family party your girls did. They definitely get their awesome decorating skills from their mama!
How fun that your girls got to go to work with Steve.
I can't believe how much Kate looks like that photo with your mom. I had to do a double-take!
So glad you're back to blogging! :)
We just started our garden too although I'm not counting on anything awesome. I too want raised beds but never get around to doing them. I love the giant rubbermaid bins though, I will totally do that next time! Good Luck!
I just remembered I have not watered mine today. Hope you enjoy your fruits.
What a special treat for your little family on Sunday. Your girls are so sweet. Tell them they decorated the table so lovely.
Oh how I wish I had the motivation to plant a garden. Good for you guys!!
And we need an arm update. Ellie said you guys were going to the doctor yesterday.
A garden is on our list of things to do this weekend...we'll see if that actually happens. It helps to move into a house that already has raised beds!
Post a Comment