Sunday, April 19, 2009

Since you asked...

Killer Brownies
(At least this is what I call them. I got the recipe from my Sister in Law Jeannie and she got the recipe from a fellow teacher at the school where she used to work)


2 boxes Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownies (+ water, eggs, & oil as called for)
3 LARGE Toffee and Almond Symphony Bars (the kind that are about $1.69 each or get them when they go on sale 10 for $10.)

Mix 1 batch of brownies according to the directions and spread in a 9x13 pan. Unwrap the 3 candy bars and lay on top of the brownie batter. Mix 2nd batch of brownies according to package directions and spread on top of the candy bars. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.

That's it!!!

You are welcome.

12 comments:

Sims Family said...

I was wondering if you were going to share! Thanks!

Danika said...

Thank you...I think! I'm sure my pants WON'T thank you soon...when I can't fit in them. This recipe is so simple, it's scary (just my kind of recipe). And I can start to envision all sorts of new combinations with different candy bars...I just might have to try them all out since I just got 6 brownie mixes practically for free!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Jeannie has been telling me how yummy these are. I have the ingredients on hand . . . maybe I'll make them tomorrow! :)

sara said...

Oh yay... nothing like a "killer" recipe that is also super easy!!

Kayleigh said...

As soon as a saw the brownies i BEGGED my mom to make them! (: I MISS YOU SOOOO MUCH!!

jeannie said...

Those brownies are lookin' mighty fine! I need to make them again soon.

Evon said...

Yummy, can't waite to try this out!

Kathleen said...

THANK YOU!

Rebecca said...

Sounds like I am going to have to try those in like 5 months after I have lost all my weight. Thanks!!

Kaili Canfield said...

Curses! This is all I can think about now!!
lol

The Evans Family said...

I have another recipe I call Killer Brownies, but these may have to become Killer Brownies II.

Carol F. said...

Totally yummy! I can't wait to try. These would be yummy with Reese' PB Cups inside, too? The possibilities are endless. Thanks for sharing.