
We had a fantastic Halloween night. We did not make any huge plans for attending any parties having just spent 5 days in Halloween Time Disneyland (working on that entry...my camera was missing after the trip so I couldn't upload until tonight) so we were just planning for a low key night trick or treating our neighborhood. But today we were invited to a block party at a friend's house two blocks away (we have usually ended up there anyway) so we were excited because really, trick or treating our part of the neighborhood is kinda lame. Not a lot of kids and a lot of dark houses. Party Poopers. So we carved our jack-o-lanterns after school today. (Which does not observe any Halloween traditions. Also Party Poopers.) We left our pumpkins glowing and headed over to the block party with pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to share.
Costumes...Lindsay wanted to be Girl Pirate so we pulled together what we had in our stash of dress up and costumes and it turned out we just needed one accessory - I made a vest that she wanted to lace up with hot pink ribbon. Caroline was really torn. Her new Tinkerbell dress? A black kitty costume we already had? She had two chances to dress up - for preschool this morning and tonight to trick or treat. She decided to be Belle for preschool. Not Tinkerbell. Just Belle. She was lovely, actually. There is a girl in there afterall! Tonight though, she was a darling cat. And now for Kate. I had a couple of options. One, an adorable penguin costume I made when Lindsay was a baby, is in Colorado where it was used by Meghan's Audrey last year. Forgot to have her send it back. Molly offerred a chicken that Brynley used. Then I remembered I had a turtle I made for Caroline when she was 10 months old. Bingo! It was so cute! Steve and I donned orange T-shirts and I topped it off with a witch hat. Totally creative, I know.
A great time was had by everyone - the food was fantastic at the party the girls loved being in the big group of kids trick or treating and saying thank you (usually after the parents escorting from the street shouted "say thank you!") and admiring tons of spooky decor. We all had fun showing off our little turtle. Our friend Glen ended the night with golf cart rides and sparklers for the kids. Afterward we went to see Grandpa and Debbie and show off the cutie girlies.

Our Block Party crew. At the home of Glenda, the Good Witch of the North, (Kim) on the left.

Click collage to enlarge. Simpson family Halloween Shenanigans
Trick or Treating, pumpkin carving, cookie baking, food eating, camera posing

Princess Belle for preschool. Totally from left field this morning, she wanted to be Belle for preschool. And a darling Belle at that!

Our little Turtle, Kate! We loved showing her off - she was quite the little Halloween trooper. And what happened to the brim of my witch hat??

Our Girl Pirate. Lindsay was so excited to put together this costume. And I hardly made anything - just a thrown together vest. She got to wear one very large hoop earring. I think that was the most exciting part for her. I was actually a pirate in 2nd grade too!

Our black kitty. She was so sweet - this was actually a costume I put together for Lindsay when she was 2 years old. I had shortened the arms and legs of a size 4/5 unitard. I didn't adjust anything, just let out the length in the arms and legs. I left the fur where it was sewn on 4 years ago. It worked - especially since she decided to wear her black boots. Makes her look a little Cat Woman!

Our big girl darlings together!

Four goofy faces.
9 comments:
only you would call all that "thrown together" that would have taken me about a week... and the vest probably about a year! they look SOOO cute. i am really in awe of all you moms out there who have the cutest ideas!!
i LOVE the black boots, she did look like cat woman!! and the hoop earring! and of course your little turtle is cute enough to eat!
They all look so cute. I love the turtle shell. Ainsley has spent 6 months putting together a costume, and changed into Shaun Johnson at the last second. Go figure!!!
I love the girl's costumes! Looks like you guys had a fun Halloween. I love your new header. :]
Y'all had a wonderful Halloween night! It is a great blessing to have good friends as neighbors. The girls look absolutely adorable. We love the jack-o-lanterns. I hope the girls have fun counting all their Halloween loot. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.
One more thing...Who gets to wear short sleeves on Halloween?
Not us!
Meredith, you and the girls look ADORABLE! Every single one of you! I'm excited to see your Disney post.
oh my gosh those outfits are SO cute. Great job on getting them all outfitted so well. Sounds like a fun time.
Hey, I wanted to make sure you know about the class I'm teaching on Friday this coming week. Check out the Blissful Living calendar if you're interested.
The turtle is my faaaaaaaaavorite! Ohhh, I just want to hold her... and rub her hair. SO CUTE! The girls also look adorable (of course!) and it looks like you had a fantastic, memorable, and delightful time. Maybe next year I'll do the same. *wink!*
Their costumes turned out very cute! Caroline is a quite a sassy little black cat! The block party looked like a ton of fun! We didn't even get pumpkins this year, man Disneyland really through us for a loop... Oh well, I carved a watermelon, does that count?
Post a Comment