Some photos of the babes and her new pink braces. They are tiny! I mean, I know she is small but they are just less invasive than I imagined. Thank you, modern medicine! She is adjusting as well as could be expected. I think the first 24 hours they were quite the novelty but now she gets kind of anxious when it is time to put them on again! We give her an 1-2 hour breaks twice a day. Today we go for a re-fit because I think there are a couple of pressure points that need to be tweaked and the bottom velcro keeps coming off when she kicks her feet together so that may need to be changed as well.

Her sleeping feet. They don't look
that different from normal but it is enough to warrant intervention since it has not improved and only gotten worse. She is normal from the heel to the middle of her foot than everything turns in to the center. her big toe should be more of a straight line from her heel and the outside of her foot should go out like a V. They are not just bent because she is scrunched up. They are always like that.

On Monday for FHE, we stamped her feet to scrapbook and frame.

Fitting with Alan. He is great! A dad of 4 girls so he understands the need to be
girly with the
pink braces.

Chillin' at the park.

Playin' in the jungle.

Getting a hold of one and playing with it. No, she didn't take it off - I had just removed them for free time.

Sleeping. She still slept all night, her usual 9-6ish sleeping pattern. We said lots of prayers that she would be comfortable her first night. Second went just as well.

In her saucer - they make a little noise when they hit the bottom - maybe we have a tap dancer in our future?

Up close and personal. After today's re-fit and another fit follow up next week, then we will
Bling those Braces! (You know, in the spirit of Pimp My Ride and Trick My Truck!)
9 comments:
They look like my braces! Only mine are black. Boo Hoo!
I DO love Baby Kate! I'm so glad they are less invasive than you thought. A big sigh of relief that she is so flexible and responding well to them.
Meredith,
Kate is absolutely adorable in her new cute pink booties. I hope you will be able to resolve the pressure point spots on her little legs. I am grateful she tolerates them. It was so nice talking to you today.
I can't wait to see them. You're so creative that much is expected!!! (no pressure!)
They actually remind me a lot of the back brace that I wore. They look like they are made of the same material as mine was and I was able to take mine off too...but only for an hour a day. They are so tiny and dare I say....cute. They're probably cute because they're so tiny. Good luck with it all.
Kate looks so cute in her pink braces! I can't wait to see the bling.
Those are great; yay for modern medicine!
I can't wait to see them all blinged up!
I love the little bum and feet picture of her sleeping, that's so sweet.
Post a Comment