Thursday, October 2, 2008

Daddy's another year older ...and keeps getting more and more handsome!

On Tuesday, Steve celebrated his 35th birthday! We have a tradition of going to visit Daddy at work and taking him to lunch. Since Lindsay started kindergarten, she has not been able to join us for the work birthday field trip but since Fall Break fell a little earlier this year, she was able to join us.
In Daddy's office. He just moved into this office space and had not yet unpacked or "decorated." The girls brought some new artwork to hang on the walls.

We also made these delicious cupcakes. We took 2 dozen of the most amazing double chocolate with cream cheese frosting cupcakes. It is part of the tradition - everyone there seems to remember and look forward to the cupcake visit!

Steve's request for dinner - tacos. He could have said anything he wanted. He asked for Tacos! So, that is what we made. And his favorite strawberry lemonade and homemade salsa and guacamole. Not a great picture, nothing fancy, but it was what he wanted.

The girls put on the dinner entertainment with a medley of birthday songs.

A couple weeks ago we went to TGI Friday's for dinner and Steve ordered a peanut butter pie for dessert. He loved it and asked if I could some time figure out how to make it. Well, I decided for his birthday to figure it out and after lots of searching online and tinkering with various recipes, I came up with this yummy peanut butter mousse pie. When I am not so sleepy I will post the recipe I created!

I think he liked it! He finished this piece and then some. Daddy was treated to a new baseball cap, a polo shirt, t-shirt, socks, and a portable mini-tool set. He is also supposed to be getting a new cell phone or i-phone or blackberry or ipod or something. I am leaving that up to him.

"One year older and wiser too, Happy Birthday, to you!"



6 comments:

Sims Family said...

I am feeling for your husband because my 35 is in 2 weeks. That means as close to 50 as 20. AHHHHHHH!!!!

I'm looking forward to the recipe!

jeannie said...

Happy Birthday, Sam.

It looks like he was very well taken care of! I am sure he especially loved the girls singing to him.

I like your fall header.

Mary-Faith said...

Happy birthday Uncle Sam!

Like your new header and background!

Alison + Brandon said...

Happy birthday to Steve! Sounds like a pretty good day!

Maddy said...

Those cupcakes look yummy! I love the stage show.

How did the Dr's visit go today??

PS I think you commented on someone's blog logged on as me yesterday

Rebecca said...

Happy Happy Belated Birthday Steve! I would have chosen taco's and homemade salsa too!
Meredith...I still am amazed at how you do all that you do with three girls! You amaze me!