Friday, September 26, 2008

It's friday, here's some stuff to blog about.

Last day of school before fall break!! Yea!!!! Lindsay had a great first quarter. This school is tough and is a grade level accelerated. We know it isn't easy and we are so proud of her - often we don't understand all her homework, especially grammar rules. LOL! Yesterday I had her parent teacher conference and her report card was all 98-100%. Her teacher wants her to work on being more confident, assertive, and to bring out her inner leader. Today is a free dress day - she picked her pretty top she got at girls night out with Ellie and Maddy. Our school does this about once per quarter as a fundraiser for a charity - bring $1, dress non-uniform. This time it is to help 3 teachers who will be walking the breast cancer 3 day. Each needs to raise $2200 to participate.

We have some great plans for our 2 week Fall Break - Daddy is taking a couple days off so we will have him at home which is great because he has been working so much lately. Also, Maddy and I have some fun plans for the big girls - sewing camp and scrapbooking camp. Can you guess who is teaching what?!?

Stick a fork in my Jerry, I'm done! I have been chairperson for our annual Entertainment Book fundraiser at our school. I had a couple behind the scenes helpers too - thanks Danika and Maddy! A free book is coming your way! :) I did it last year and silly me, volunteered to do it again! I finally closed out the sale with our account rep on Wednesday and most goofy order problems have been corrected. I love working with the PTO board and committee members. I love being so involved at the school. I love knowing the teachers and staff across the grade levels and knowing they watch out for my kids too.

Caroline and I have been sick. This is Caroline last night with a 102 fever. I probably looked the same. I am feeling much better today but last night from 6:45-7:45 (when my fever came on) was probably the longest hour of my life! I had not been feeling "right" for about a day and a half and thought that late Thursday afternoon I was on my way to feeling better. Than the fever slammed me down. We are both much better now.

Katers snuggling on the couch with me. She loves to smile and we hope she is close to squealing and laughing . Her hair is almost in her eyes. I need to start pulling it back more often! The thing with all the hair - it is usually caked with spit up (in the back, as it rolls down her neck) or is sticking straight up from "car seat head." The hair is fun, yes, but it is requires maintenance! She can roll front to back and back to front. She is occasionally tricking us with sleeping 11 hours but usually sleeps about 9 hour stretch at night, eats a little, then goes back to sleep for an hour or two. She is a happy baby and loves her sisters, but, also has a healthy fear of them too, especially Caroline. We often see her get a look in her eyes of "Oh, no, here SHE comes again!"

And Caroline, I am so proud of this little lady! 6 weeks ago she couldn't write her name. She wrote repeated C's and i's as her name. Now, she can fully write her own name and has branched into family members names. I started making her homework packets to occasionally do after school with Lindsay and that really helped. This was her morning project. She had a play cell phone, a calculator, a tink pen and tiny post it notes. (Looks like a little office work!) These are the small 2"x2" size post-its. She wrote her own name 5 times in that tiny space. She asked "how do I spell daddy's name Steve?" She asked the same of Lindsay's name. She had to leave for preschool carpool before she got a chance to fully finish but I think she did a fantastic job! Writing and letters have clicked with her - I never thought it would happen.

7 comments:

Danika said...

You're welcome - wish I could have helped more! Sorry to hear you've been sick. We've had that same crud over here recently. Now we've moved onto pinkeye this week...

Mary-Faith said...

Tell Caroline I'm proud of her! I'm also sorry she's sick. Lindsay's lucky! I don't get my first break until Thanksgiving. Kate looks cute!

Clemstock said...

Ahhh, sorry you were sick. I can sympathize. I am just barely feeling better from a cold/flu thing that has lasted 3 days. And, no big deal about the posting. After I left it I was like, huh, guess I probably should have emailed Meredith those follow up comments...just in case. :) We are around that "city" and so it doesn't register with us how funny it really is now and I really did laugh when you brought it up. That is a really cute picture of Kate.

Maddy said...

You should have let me help more with the books. I feel so bad that I didn't do more.

Ellie is so stoked for scrapbooking. She has been asking me everyday if today was the day!

The Evans Family said...

Fall break seems so weird. It seems like we are just barely getting into the swing of things for school now!

Shawni said...

Hope you're feeling better, Meredith! It's no fun to be sick, especially when you're the mom and you can't take it easy. I love Caroline's little "office" and I love the writing of new writers. It melts my heart because you can almost see the concentration coming through in each letter.

Kathleen said...

lindsay is a little fashionista. i think i need to come to the spring break camp!! i want to learn how to sew so i can make my kids halloween costumes one day. is that too ambitious? next time i am in az can you put me in boot camp???

i am glad you are your cutie patootie are feeling better! i'm thinking kate is destined to be a hair model... take care of the money maker!!