So, I have mixed emotions about school pictures. I have bought them every year. Not a lot, but at least a few. I don't know, there is something about the canned school pictures that are tradition that I can't seem to give up. Of course, I much prefer the portraits we have had done over the years by Shauni or Yvonne or even candid ones done within the family. While I have done it a few times in the past, I am just not that in to the Penney's or Target or Sears studio pictures and it has been several years since I have done those. But alas, the new school year brings school picture time. And last year, I let Lindsay pick the $2 upgrade to the purple background. This year, she chose red. I think it is a cute shot and captures her 2nd grade "look." Could have been worse - I think she is adorable. I love this little 2nd grade munchkin!
2nd grade is giving me a run for the money. When did YOU learn your prepositions? I learned a specific list in 8th grade. Lindsay has mastered prepositions now. The other day she asked me to clarify what a "homonym" was and I could not quite remember. I sometimes have to re-read her story problems to make sure I pull the correct info needed to solve the math problem! Do you know how to map the Direct Object and Prepositional Phrase in a sentence? Was I doing multiplication and division in 2nd grade? (She doesn't think she is doing division but what else do you call it when you are asked on a homework sheet "How many weeks is 56 days?")
She is really enjoying her class and teacher. She is not super warm and fuzzy and I will admit - I was a bit disappointed, but only for a moment. Lindsay really likes her and I have come to really like her too. She says Lindsay is a great student and said she missed her and the class wasn't the same without her when she was sick 2 days last week. I love our school - it is not for everyone, the uniform, the strict dress code, the behavior expectations are stringent - but I appreciate every experience she/we have had at our school. She has great friends and I love being so involved with volunteering and being around the school. It allows me to get to know the staff at a more personal level and I appreciate them as friends.












7 comments:
That picture looks great! I'm the same way; I always buy at least the minimum package... just because. I would like it if our school adopted the same uniform policy; that's pretty much the only difference between our school and yours. They had so many cute options in that color scheme this year at Target & etc; made me want to shop for uniforms :) But that's a tangent. Lindsay's a cutie.
Lindsay looks just precious. The red background looks great. I told Brad at the beginning of the school year that we may be in trouble with all the school work Kayleigh brings home. Some of the questions she asks me make my brain hurt!
Lindsay looks darling!
Someone at soccer today told me our schools were too militant. Oops. I like them, too! We'll have some smart cookies, that's for sure!
Lindsey looks so cute!!!
What a cute picture!!! Payton just had his taken on Thursday, so hopefully they turn out okay!
Post a Comment