Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's that time of year again...


"Fall" (meaning, it is September 20th and still 100 degrees) soccer season games started today and we had a great day! Lindsay started with a 7:30am game which was tough to get going but the weather was pleasant. She is now in U-8, on a larger field with referees, throw-ins, keeping score, and goalies. They are the Blue Polar Bears and are wearing a pretty blue jersey. The girls ran the whole field up and down and I think wore themselves out - they need to work on passing and assists. It will take time. For the 4th quarter, Lindsay was the goalie and that was a little rough. She told us afterward she forgot she could use her hands! But, she was all smiles afterwards - that is what counts the most, right? Caroline has moved up to the U-6 division and had a total blast. We were total sweat hogs - the afternoon heat is brutal. Kate wasn't too thrilled about the whole day - it is hot and she coped the best she could. Classic Caroline..."I am cheering for the blue team because that is my favorite color!" The blue team was their opponent! (And happened to be the same color as Lindsay.) Oh well. By the end she was cheering for the Purple Unicorns. You can see by the picture I snapped of her in the van she was wiped out.

We came home and made smoothies for everyone. A great way to cool off and refresh! Here's to cooler Saturdays!

5 comments:

jeannie said...

The pictures are so cute!
I feel for you sitting in that heat. My neck got burned today at Everett's baseball game. All parent's have to endure it and the kids don't seem to notice it. I can't decide who I think Kate looks like, she has her own look but favors Caroline.

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

cute pics. You're girls and their soccer, i love they stick with it!

Clemstock said...

We had our first string of soccer games this past weekend to. However, ours were in cool weather...so I feel for you watching and playing in hot weather. Soccer is such a great sport! Wish I had played when I was younger.

Maddy said...

When I saw the pictures I wa wondering if Caroline was jealous of Lindsay's uniform.

Anonymous said...

How in the world do you have so much time to do all you do? Super mom! I guess. :)