Friday, September 12, 2008

Do You Know the Muffin Man (Girl)?

Oh, do you know the Muffin Man, the Muffin Man, the Muffin Man,
Oh, do you know the Muffin Man who lives on Bakery Lane?


This week in preschool has been Rhyme Week. Caroline's class has worked on rhyming worksheets and activities and the final part of Rhyme week is "Dress Up as a Nursery Rhyme Day." Caroline had a hard time deciding what or who she wanted to be so we went to one of our collections of nursery rhymes and old school stories. She immediately decided she wanted to be the Muffin Man but a "Girl Muffin Man." We looked at the illustrated picture and decided what she needed to wear - a baker's hat, white clothes, and an apron and bring, of course, some muffins. I remembered we had a nice large chef's hat from Steve's Cub Master days and the rest was easy. This morning we made blueberry muffins and filled a basket to share. We made sure a little dusting of flour made it to her face, because every good baker has a little flour here and there! What really made me laugh was when she wanted wiskers. "Wiskers?" I asked. She then reminded me that the Muffin Man in the book was a cat. Ahhhh.....animal theming in the story book! We ended up skipping the wiskers but chose everything else - the white shirt, some black pants, and a pink apron.
The Muffin Man Girl in action!

Thanks for making muffins with me - they are quite a tasty treat!

10 comments:

jeannie said...

What a cute little muffin girl! I know she must have been so proud to share the muffins she helped bake with her class. Preschool is so much fun. Tell her I would love to eat one of her muffins. :)

sara said...

Super cute!! I wish today would've been my "helper day" so I could've seen all the cute kids do their stuff. Zoe & Lucy acted out Little Miss Muffet; Zoe was Miss Muffet and Lucy was the spider (we have a spider costume that Noah wore for Halloween one year). They had so much fun practicing it yesterday. What a great idea to bring muffins; those are some cute pictures!!

The Evans Family said...

Cute! How fun.

Mary-Faith said...

She looks cute dressed up! Those muffins looked yummy! lol

Maddy said...

YES! I know the Muffin Girl, the Muffin Girl, the Muffin Girl. Yes, I know the Muffin Girl who is a little cutie!

Sims Family said...

Oh, I miss those days at Packer Preschool. I swear I will be at soccer practice one of these days. Maybe I'll see you at the game next week?

Quincy Sorensen said...

Oh, Caroline looks absolutely precious . . . you're a fun mom! :)

Clemstock said...

Love the top picture of her. Adorable!!

Abbey said...

Caroline is such a sweetheart! I love getting to know her in class :) Thanks for the congrats! We're excited to have 2 kids. We obsess about names and happily we both love the same ones, so it's not a fight. Naming the baby almost makes me more excited than having it!

Katrina said...

And THAT is why you are "Meredith the Incredible," HOly SMokES! She looks fantastic, and adorable, and where on earth do you get such fantastic ideas?!!! I am, amazed.