Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kate is 3 months old today!

We adore you, Kate!

What did we ever do without you? Now that we have finally endured (and we think mostly passed) the collick/cranky phase and you have (so far) survived your big sister's "tender care," and have been smiling at us and starting to coo, we know you have found a permanent place in our hearts and home. We are so blessed with a great sleeper (8-9 hour overnight stretches) and a baby that deals fairly well with the comings and goings of a busy family. I remember with Lindsay, the world stopped for every nap or feeding. The same was mostly true for Caroline. Now I am working to make Kate's eating/wake/sleep schedule fit into school drop-off and pick-ups, gymnastics classes and playdates. So far, I think it is working!

I now have a new anecdote about her hair...when we get the inevitable comments on her hair, I have now started to say that my kids grow hair before arms and legs! My huge baby is now rather petite which is fine with me - They only stay little for so long. She is getting stronger by the day and holds her head high and has the most alert eyes - she is always checking out the world in wide-eyed wonder. I wonder what is in store for you next?

9 comments:

Kayleigh said...

Kate, you are just too precious! My how you have grown since we last saw you! Your hair is styled so beautifully for your 3 month picture...I think I will let you borrow my Big Sexy Hairspray when I see you again!

We love you!
Jeannie

Mary-Faith said...

Kate is soooooooo cute!!! I hope she had a good three month birthday!

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

i love all your girls hair. and you always have them so pretty in bows and such! i cant wait to meet her

Molly said...

Happy Birthday Kate! We love you over here too!

Maddy said...

Happy month-iversary Kate! You're adorable

Cicily said...

That hair kills me, I love it.

Michelle said...

She is just such a cutie!!!!!!! I love her hair!

Laurie and Mike said...

She is so cute! Loving the hair. It brings back memories of you and your sisters hair. Your mom was cuttng bangs straight out of the hospital it seemed. Your comment on my blog about how your mom would have loved blogging was so true. We would have had entries everyday to read unlike me who can't seem to get things going.

Rebecca said...

What else can I say besides she's a beauty!!!