
Quite by accident, a came across an old friend's blog and was reading about her family and her latest and greatest adventures. She mentioned teaching a class at a local studio in a couple of weeks and I was very interested in the concept of the class so I went to the studio website to learn more. There, I read the studio's blog and learned that one of their other instructors was in a small plane crash over the weekend. She and her husband were flying with a flight instructor and had stopped to refuel in Eastern Arizona. The instructor died shortly afterward but the husband and wife, Stephanie and Christian, survived the plane crash and subsequent tragic fire. The fact that they survived at all is a miracle, I am sure. Let me just clarify I don't know her or her husband, I just know what I have read, they are an LDS family, have 4 small children, 2 grade school age. I have just felt so drawn to following their story and subsequent updates by her sister.
I was telling my girls a little bit about what happened and that I wanted us to pray for their family and told them what some people were doing to help. I asked if there was something we could do and Lindsay went right to her birthday money she received in the mail. Caroline went to her bucket of coins and brought me a handful. I was moved to tears by there caring about someone we really don't even know. (Bank of America and Wells Fargo have accounts for them.) They were quite concerned about who would take care of the girls after school and the younger kids while their parents spent months in the hospital. I reassured them that this family has lots of people that love them, friends, neighbors, ward members, etc. who are all going to help get through this difficult time. As a mother, I cannot comprehend the the difficult road that this family will have to endure, forever. Recovery will take months, if not years, cost millions, and their lives will never again be the same. I am grateful for the testimonies shared by the family on the blog, on the news, etc. Below are links to the various places you can read about Stephanie and Christian.
Blissful Living Studio Blog
Family Updates via blog
Story on local news
Stephanie's (Nie Nie's) Blog
The reasons why I share this story are many. First, they are truly in need of your prayers. Second, Nie Nie's zest for life is inspiring. I have had a lot of thoughts on mothering weighing heavily on my mind lately and stumbling upon Nie Nie's story and her blog have truly given me thoughts to ponder. (I am sure I will blog more about that later...after this coming Sunday.) Do I truly love life or just get through the day? Am I enjoying my children, not just tolerating them? Are the activities we participate in bringing us joy or are they just filling time? Are there things I/we could be doing better/more of/less of/ that would create more harmony in our home? Anyway, reading about Nie Nie and her life was been serendipitous considering the thoughts that have been on my mind and I find it truly to be a blessing that I stumbled upon her story.












4 comments:
That is so sad! :'( They will be in my family's prayers!
I like you don't know Stephanie but through blogs read about this on Monday. I am so sad for her family thinking about what is ahead for them. We are praying for them as well.
She is so pretty. My Mom and I have read all about them. I think the enitre church is praying for them.
Stephanie is a great person and I'm so sad for this tragedy. I think everyone who has heard about it is in shock. I will be keeping their family in my prayers. Isn't she an amazing woman, seriously I am amazed by her joy and zest for life.
Post a Comment