Monday, January 28, 2008

Prophet, Seer, Revelator

We received the news last night with a phone call from my friend, Marty. I had just come from a Stake Primary Meeting and no one there had yet heard that the President of our church, our Prophet, had passed away during our meeting time. We as a family feel so grateful for our knowledge of the Plan of our Heavenly Father and imagined last night the sweet reunion of President Hinckley with his lovely wife, Marjorie. We feel it a privilege to have been taught by him as he shared his testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with a spirit of tenderness, kindness, good cheer, and eternal optimism.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your scrap page of President Hinckley. It's so neat to read all the testimonies and tributes people have put on their blogs. Thanks for sharing yours.

Katrina said...

Me too! I like that you picture shows off his blue, blue eyes. Very cool! I find it interesting that the universal consoling thought is that he is with his darling wife. He dropped in the saddle, working and serving 'til the end.

I especially loved his humor. There is a place for humor, and he sprinkled it everywhere. My kinda guy! I mean Prophet.

Jill said...

I just love all of these tributes to President Hinckley. He was the most amazing man. I will miss him! And I LOVE your scrap layout-so cute!

Maddy said...

When we were looking for Lyndsi one of the men came in and told us. I honestly thought he was joking because I was so shocked. I'm still so sad that I don't like to talk about it.