Wednesday, January 16, 2008

100th Day of School! (And some cute puppies)

Update - Lindsay brought home some of her classwork from the 100th day of school - we all got a kick out of her illustrations and answers on the "100" list. We all took turns answering - it was a fun little game. For the record, Daddy would save his $100 for a new TV. Mommy would eat 100 Whoppers Candies, and Caroline would like 100 Tinkerbell things. (I think she is already there.) We do love Lindsay's self portrait at 100, complete with a wheel chair and cane and rain and sunshine.

Lindsay's 100 List!
I can eat 100: ice cream sckoopss
I would not want: 100 Ovucotoh (avocado)
I wish I had 100: Swing setts
I could never eat 100: sweet chairies
I can make 100: cookies
If I had $100.00 I would buy: pritty, fancy cloas (clothes)
In 100 years I hope that I can: fly

Today is the 100th day of school and apparently this is an opportunity to celebrate. I don't remember this being a big deal when I was a kid but it is now. (I guess the administration has all kinds of 100 day reports as well so there is some official business.)

This year Lindsay was asked to bring 100 snacks in a bag. She chose sour gummy lifesavers. I would have taken a picture of her counting them out but I was too busy doing her "100 day hair." (Not required but still fun!) Last year, we put 100 hair ribbons in her hair and it was a big hit. She wanted something different this year so she asked for 100 ponies. That takes a little while. She was up before me - she came to me in bed and said "Mommy - get up - we have a lot to do this morning!" This hairstyle is a variation of one she and Aunt Shelly do on each other when they are together. Though I doubt even Shelly has ever done 100 ponies!
Here is her picture from last year - she was supposed to bring a collection of 100 things (in addition to the 100 snack items - she chose Cheetos) in some sort of display - she wanted to do pennies in the shape of 100 on a poster (not terribly original) but a lot of our pennies were icky and not at all shiny so we googled how to polish pennies and the most fun Kindergarten way to do it was with Ketchup. So we polished and it smelled kinda yuck - the metal of the pennies, the acidic tomato ketchup, yeah, kinda yuck. But it was fun!

My Dad and Debbie have 3 dogs - about a year old Miniature Dachshunds and they just bred Chloe, the oldest. The 6 puppies were born last week and we got to go and see them last night. (We were supposed to see them Monday night for Family Night but another case of me being the meanest mom in the world - they didn't get a couple of certain chores done in the alloted time so we canceled for the night and went Tuesday instead.) They are darling and tiny - the girls love them. It really is too bad their mama is not a dog person because there is not a chance at all we are bringing one home. Anyone interested? I think they still have 3 that are not already purchased/committed to families.




7 comments:

Sarah said...

100 ponytails!! How cute. I don't remember 100 days of school being a big deal either. Things change huh. The puppies are adorable! How much are they?

Meredith said...

The puppies are $275 for a male, $300 for a female. I will email you with more info if you would like!!

Sims Family said...

Cute hair! You are so creative. Did I ask you at the fruit co-op if Lindsey is playing soccer again this season?

Katrina said...

You really do go all out! Sometimes you can just go to the bank and ask for new bills. My gramma would do it all the time. Of course, she wanted stuff like $10 bills.

Abigail brought 100 peanuts (it was in the cupboard)and I don't think we could have done 100 of anything in her hair based on my current stock.

It was sure fun in church today. :D

Janel said...

We did 100 chocolate chips on a big posterboard cookie, like probably half the other kids in school! 100 ponies is so cute, what a fun idea.

Rebecca said...

Can't wait till we get to do fun school stuff like 100th day of school. What a blast!

Maddy said...

That is some cool hair.