Sunday, April 20, 2008

This past week., or, about 8 days...

Caroline loves my camera. In the 50 or so pictures I found of the TV or shoes or toys, I found this. It apparently looks mostly like a picture of pregnant knees (really should have cropped those out!) but I was painting the kitchen on Saturday. (By the way, all the painting inside is DONE!!!)

"Summer nights"...in April. (We take advantage while we can...) Steve loves to play in the backyard with the girls. Sunday evening after dinner called for a rousing game of baseball. Rounding the swing set is equal to rounding the bases. Apparently it doesn't matter which direction you go, as long as you get around.

It was getting dark and lighting this picture was tricky, but this is my team! I sat on the patio cheering them all on!
Wednesday night at Caroline's soccer team party. She was wearing a sun dress (but blue of course) and had a girlie flower in her hair and finally just took off her shoes (who could blame her - the grass felt amazing!) The kiddos played a scrimmage against their parents (Steve took this assignment while I again cheered from the side.) Well, this little girl keeps telling us how much she loves soccer but her games on Saturday had her touching the ball maybe once or twice in a short game and never doing anything of substance with it. Well, the other moms said I should send Caroline to soccer more often barefoot and in a dress because she DOMINATED the game! She was all over the field, stealing the ball, turning the ball around, scoring in both goals, smiling and laughing the whole time. She is going to be quite the little athlete!
Soccer Diva and her proud Daddy. Steve has had a HORRIBLY busy work week and that night, he drove about an hour to come to the soccer party because he wanted to be there for her, and then went back to work until after midnight. Our girls are very lucky to have such a devoted Daddy!
Caroline and Coach Judson - we really love him as a coach. Caroline adores him and HAD to have a picture of her holding her trophy (see her so proudly clutching her little trophy...) We are not sure if she will play for Judson's team in the fall - it will be a move up to U5 which requires midweek practices instead of just Saturday combined practice/games. They will most likely be practicing in Molly's neighborhood which is 15 minutes from us.
So, when Steve left the soccer party to go back to work, he helped me out by taking a bunch of stuff to the van for me...including my keys. (Getting locked out of my car seems to be a common theme these days.) Steve's phone was off so I couldn't call him. So, the assistant coach drove me and the girls to the hospital to pick up Hayden and Brynley to bring them back to my house (in their van) after they got to spend the evening getting to meet their new brother. Caroline has not been able to wipe the grin off her face when she is around baby Zac. He is such a sweet little baby and she is in love...let's see what happens when SHE gets her sister!
As always, the disclaimer is that disgusting lost tooth pictures are for Aunt Shelly. Lindsay lost her 4th tooth and pulled this one herself! I was in bed and said to have Daddy pull it. He wrinkled his nose at the idea. I then told Lindsay she should try to do it herself. And she did! The tooth fairy again traded the tooth for another pearl for her bracelet.
Saturday morning, Lindsay went to Ellie's "Fancy Nancy" birthday party. (Fancy Nancy is a fun series of story books where the title character prefers to dress fancy, eat fancy food, say fancy words, and is desperately trying to teach her family to be fancy too.) So, the girls got to dress up fancy! Lindsay loves to dress up - she was so cute!!!!

Another week down...we had a busy crazy week! But since when do any of us have a week where we sit around wondering what we are going to do? I have been feeling really sick all day today (in a generic icky sort of way, pregnant, tired, uncomfortable, all of it) so hopefully I can get a good night sleep (what's that?) and get back to getting ready for the baby to come in just a couple weeks! TTFN!!



7 comments:

Sims Family said...

It looks like you got all of the "stuff" out of the way. Relax and enjoy the last few days!
Yay, painting is done!

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

Yippee the painting is done! You silly girl painting on a high ladder. take it easy. miss you

Michelle said...

So cute! I love that she is playing soccer in a dress! I can't believe that you got your whole house painted! Good for you! Hopefully you can relax and enjoy yourself before the baby comes!!

Clemstock said...

Meredith the picture of you on the ladder is really cute!!! I know you probably only see a pregnant you, but I really think it is a really great shot. You are a blogging queen by the way. Oh, and do you want a sad but captivating book to read (if you haven't already read it)....19 minutes by Jodi Picoult. It will grip you in good ways and bad.

Jill said...

so weird...I left a comment here last night and I came back because I forgot to give you my e-mail...and it's not here! Anyway, I just said your pictures look so summery...I am very jealous...so sick of coldness!

And I was wondering if you would e-mail me the recipe you referred to with the coconut cake mix...
jillcluff0807@gmail.com

thanks!

Amber said...

Hey! Cute blog! It looks like your family is busy! I need your email so I can invite you to my blog! :)

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

Pictures are really cute and I'm jealous that it's warm there. It's supposed to snow tomorrow. ICK! I'm sick of looking at your pregnant knees though. Time to update! :)