Friday, April 11, 2008

It's fun being a girl!!!


Cute toes...and a bit of pregnant feet! (sorry...at least I cropped out my non-existent ankles!)

We had such a fun girls day out yesterday! Both girls needed haircuts and several days earlier Lindsay has asked if she could get her hair cut shorter. Both girls have each been with me to get a pedicure (a very RARE treat for them) and had asked if they could sometime do it again. So, I decided to surprise them with a special day of food, fun, shopping, and girlie stuff!

Both girls went to school like any other day but I went to Lindsay's school and "stole" her out of the lunch line before she bought lunch, we went and got her school bag, and signed her out for the rest of the day. We then went and "snatched" Caroline from the snack table at preschool and we were on our way! I gave them a couple choices for lunch and we ended up going to Red Robin where we all had yummy strawberry lemonade. (I would attribute my 5 lb weight gain at my OB check up later that afternoon to the probably 4 glasses and the "to go" version I worked on all day! Good theory...) Anyway, we had so much fun together talking about school and wondering what other surprises were waiting for us!

We then went to San Tan Village to do a little shopping. Both girls wanted some of those crazy plastic shoes, Crocs or Sketchers, or whatever and I had resisted for a while. But a friend of ours from Soccer and Dance is the store manager at the new Sketcher's store and we were chatting at dance on Wednesday and she offered for me to bring the girls in and get the shoes they wanted for 50% off. So we went and she totally hooked them up - they got the Cali Gear zig zag Mary Janes and a couple free packs of "bits" to decorate them, a watch and a backpack! All promo stuff but the girls thought it was all so cool.

Getting a pedicure is a rare treat indeed. I had a pretty good coupon so I took the girls to Lollilocks for a hair cut and pedi package. Steve wonders why we need to go to the fun girlie place for haircuts ("Great Clips is only $12! How much is THAT place?") Well, a haircut is $15.99 and includes a fun girly hairstyle at the end complete with glitter hair spray, plus, the fun ambiance! That is worth a couple extra bucks! Anyway, they felt so pampered in the little hot pink chairs, picking their nail color, feet massaged, the works. (They had originally said they wanted to go get a pedicure with me but I took the smart route - I went on Tuesday to get my own pedicure and get my haircut...in peace by myself!)


Oh, adventures in haircuts! Lindsay had wanted to cut her hair to her shoulders and I was putting the breaks on Caroline growing her hair again so both were getting a fair amount cut off. Lindsay's hair cut went great - she was still and grinning from ear to ear the whole time. She pointed out that this was the first time she has ever had a haircut that wasn't just a trim. (well, except when one Paige Richardson cut all her hair off when they were 3!!) Caroline's cut is cute if done right. The poor girl doing Caroline's hair...she didn't know how to cut a stacked A-line bob and kept asking the other stylist and asking me "is this right?" Grrr...she ended up accidentally creating a giant hole (angled the wrong direction of an A-line bob - Can't figure that one out) behind Caroline's right ear and the other stylist had to come and fix it so consequently, her hair is WAY short in the back - but it will grow and she looks cute no matter what!


After a full afternoon of food, shopping, and girlie fun, we had a little time to kill before my OB appointment so we went to the new hospital where we will have our baby and took a tour of the labor/delivery woman's health wing. They thought it was pretty cool to see where we would be spending a few days with our new baby. I was impressed too - wireless internet, flat screen TV's, room service instead of crummy cafeteria food of the day, etc.

We had such a great day - I think we created a lot of fun memories and will remember our last "Girls Day Out" before our new baby joins us.

10 comments:

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

Looks like guys had a great time! I can't wait for my girls to be old enough so we can go and get pampered together.....because I pamper myself so often!

Corbett Family said...

How fun. What a great memory for the girls. Maybe someday I will have a girl that I can do a "girl's day out" with.

Michelle said...

How fun! That sounds like it was such a fun day! I wish I had a girl! :(

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

How fun!. Pedicures are so fun, there are very rare for my house too. but fun!. Red Robin is our favorite spot!. Good for you girls to get away..

Maddy said...

What a fun day. I'll have to steal the idea for Ellie. Where is Lollilocks? And do you have to make an appointment?

Matthew said...

I just have to say it - you are an awesome mom! To have your parent steal you out of school just to have fun! How awesome is that! And I love the pics too - that way they can remember it when they have #3 about to land. :D

Cicily said...

What a fun day. Will you take me to get my hair done girly? I'm going to have to have a girl, just so I can do those types of things every once in awhile. Again, you are the most ambitious pregnant woman I know.

Kristen Lewis Jorgensen said...

Meredith! What a FUN FUN day! I'm sure your girls will remember it forever! How cute!

Rebecca said...

It was so fun seeing you today! Sorry we didn't get to chat long. Loved hearing Lindsay's testimony! So sweet. I also really loved hearing you bare your testimony. Your girls haircuts are so cute. Love that you got to spend some time taking the hopital tour. Hope to see you soon!
Ps. I added you to my blog now..let me know if there are any complications.

Sims Family said...

Cute toes! Where is that place Lollilocks? Ainsley would love it! Also, what hospital are you delivering at? (I am hoping Mercy Gilbert because that sounded awesome!)
Great to see you yesterday! You look terrific and I was glad to not be the only prego person there!