Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Better late than never...

I have been wanting to post about these special holiday dates for the girls and finally got it done. My Dad and Debbie wanted to spend some extra special time with each of the grand kids at Christmas time and the kiddos had so much fun!

First of all, they babysat for us when Steve and I went to the fancy pants Christmas gala/holiday party for his work. Debbie and Grandpa came with all the makings for sugar cookie mania! I think we came home to what seemed like 100 cookies iced and decorated and sprinkled - they were so yummy and I know the girls had a blast!

Next, Lindsay was invited to attend a production of the Nutcracker Ballet with Grandpa and Debbie. It was quite fitting - Lindsay had been learning about the Nutcracker in music at school and was really into it. (Surprised they can actually teach a Christmas themed story like that in public school.) She got to dress up and chose how I did her hair (a side ponytail with a large black flower clip.) Grandpa came to pick up his date and we got a picture of them in front of the Christmas tree. I am really glad Lindsay got to attend the ballet after learning about the Nutcracker - and the concept of a ballet - the story, the composer, the choreography. She had a memorable time.

Caroline was invited to go to the Phoenix Zoo for Zoo Lights. This is always a lot of fun to attend and it is usually bordering on being chilly which is a novelty for us Arizona desert dwellers. Caroline got to wear a real coat and I think it may have been sprinkling so she was excited to bring her Tinkerbell umbrella. One of the things that is always so fun to watch is the trees that light up and are choreographed to music. Afterward Grandpa took her to Baskin Robbins for ice cream. Seriously, who wouldn't want a date night to end with ice cream? Consquently when pressed for an answer, the trip to 31 flavors was her favorite part of the night. You go girl!

Thanks Dad and Debbie for spending such a fun night babysitting and making cookies and for the special date nights with the big girls. Memories to treasure, for sure!


3 comments:

Mary-Faith said...

I'm glad they had fun! :)

Maddy said...

I really want sugar cookies now!

Kathleen said...

awwwww. your blog is making me all weepy today. now i miss my grandpa. seriously, you guys impress me so much with your little traditions and family time!