My cute sister in law Jeannie occasionally interviews her children for her blog and it is such a cute insight into their personality and soul so I thought I would start doing it occasionally.
We shall start with Kate, as today she is 9 months old.
Mama: Baby Kate, thanks for letting me interview you today for the blog.
Baby Kate: Sure. Anything for you, Mama!
Mama: What are you eating for breakfast?
Bake Kate: Cheerios, cream of wheat, and crumbs on my high chair from last night's dinner.
Mama: That's embarrassing. Any teeth?
Baby Kate: None.
Mama: Nice - late teeth just like your sisters. What are you wearing?
Baby Kate: A hot pink Baby Gap long sleeve onsie and butterfly jeans from Cousin Cozette. Mama, I think this onsie top is getting too small.
Mama: OK. We will change it after breakfast. I wouldn't want it tugging and pulling weird. Speaking of clothes, do you have a favorite outfit?
Babe Kate: Well, the other day you put me in a really pretty lilac colored Naartje tunic top and some dark Old Navy jeans. Everyone raved all day long and I liked that so, yeah, I really liked that one.
Mama: What is your favorite thing to do at home?
Baby Kate: Honestly, I love it when I get to go outside and play. The sun, the breeze - it make me so happy.
Mama: We should do that more often. I know you sisters like to take you outside to play. What are your feelings about your hair?
Baby Kate: It is nice and has lightened up a lot since I was born and has some pretty curls. It is in my eyes a lot and I secretly wish you would just cut my bangs but I have heard your theory that we just grow out the bangs from the get go - that is what you did with my big sisters. They have killer hair, so if that is what it takes, then, would you just please put a flower clip in it more often to keep it out of my eyes?
Mama: Yes sweetheart. I will try to do better.
Mama: Do you have a favorite blankie?
Baby Kate: Oh yes I do! It is a fuzzy pink chenille that you/I received as a gift from the Relief Society. My eyes bug out when I see it and I nuzzle my face into it and it settles me right down and makes me happy. When I sleep I pull it up and snuggle it near my face. You keep trying to push this other blankie on me - a brown and pink ruffled minky number and while it is quite lovely, it just doesn't do it for me.
Mama: I made that brown and pink one. Oh well. Let's talk spit-up...
Baby Kate: (Giggles...)
Mama: I'm Serious! What's up with it?
Baby Kate: I'm sorry. I can't help it. If it makes you feel any better, I only spit up on those I love! If I could stop, I would. All you people complain about it all the time.
Mama: Any new tricks I need to be ready for?
Baby Kate: I can "give you a five". I can't crawl yet but I am starting to push my belly off the ground and can roll around a bit to reach stuff (by the way, thanks for rescuing me when I got myself stuck under the table in the corner at Auntie Molly's house) so you might want to watch out...
Mama: Noted - I will watch out. let's just say that Mama isn't too sad that you aren't too mobile yet. So, your braces on your feet and legs. Give me your thoughts...
Baby Kate: They aren't so bad. I mean, they make cool noises when I clap them together and you did make them so pretty with ribbon straps and all so they are OK. As soon as those things come off though, I love to play with my feet and suck my toes! But then I see you coming at me with socks and I know it is time to put them back on. That is when I cry and kick my feet and make it kind of hard for you to put them back on. But then I am a good girl and rarely kick them off.
Mama: How do you show me you love me?
Baby Kate: I stroke your face when you nurse me and look at you and smile.
Mama: I will take the smiles but would like you to refine your stroking my face skills because it is more like clawing my face.
Baby Kate: I will try. I just love that time we get to snuggle together. It's the best.
Mama: I know - my favorite times of the day! Thank you, Baby Kate, for taking time with me. I love you more than you will ever know. Now, "give me a five" and a sloppy kiss!












11 comments:
That is such a cute idea! Everyone should do this with their kids... I know I should!
PS Caroline's hair was so fancy today! Did she sleep in curlers?
Very clever idea! Enjoy her not being mobile yet. 2/3 of my kids were WALKING at 9 months....
That was super cute! Maybe I need to copy you and do that with my kiddos. I know Siobhan would have some great answers!
"I will take the smiles but would like you to refine your stroking my face skills because it is more like clawing my face." Awesome!
Kate looks so old in the second picture. Wow!
Cute idea. Hmm, I love her answers, she's very eloquent for her age!
Oh, I do love interviews. Especially from cute 9 month old babies named Kate.
Please assure her that she will have killer hair like her sisters.
I can't believe that baby Katers is
9 months.
Kate is too cute! I will definitely copy your/your sister-in-laws interview idea!
I love the interview idea, very cute. Kate has the most beautiful eyes!
Baby Kate is CUTE! I love the interview and the answers, especially since we have seen her so recently.
I love how her eyes get so squinty when she's super excited! P.S. The security word for this comment is frump...funny huh?
I just love those pictures. She has soo much personality for being such a little squirt! Hope she feels better soon.
Post a Comment