Lindsay is really loving to sew and thought a snuggly pillow would be a fun gift. Together we picked out the silky fur, the fabric for the applique initial, and came home and got to work. Cutting the fur was an adventure, I tell ya! I did help with the applique (Lindsay did some practice appliques and it was a little tricky but she tried hard.) We have all the pieces cut out for Lindsay to make one for herself this week. We also made the same pillows for cousins in SC!
One night when Daddy was working late, and all the craft items were still all over my kitchen, we decided to make a Christmas present for Daddy to hang in his office. The girls painted a prepared canvas (from a 2-pk at Hobby Lobby) a fun tangerine orange color and each picked a color for their handprint. It was a whole bunch of messy fun. Doing the handprint of a 7 month old is not easy. Just to let you know.
I made a couple of these for the little nieces - it was a quick project. It is a 24" board with scrapbook paper modge-podged, chip letters and tiny binder clips and ribbons. It say "Look what I made" and is a place to hang their masterpieces. How stinkin' cute is this? My girls have requested ones of their very own.Just a few of the fun projects from Christmas. I really love making gifts. Since I have been crafting for so long, I usually have a stash of supplies that makes a project inexpensive. If you have to buy all the supplies from scratch, then sure, it really adds up, but a steady supply of scrap wood, fabric remnants, a large ribbon stash, and assorted papers and you can really have some fun with personalized gifts.












8 comments:
Meredith, you are seriously the MOST TALENTED creative crafty person I know (and I know some amazing ladies!). Wow! What a fun activity for your girls. :)
I am going shopping this afternoon to get all the necessary stuff to hang the treasures you made us. I need to get a cute clip to hang Cozette's craft.
p.s. for all of you Meredith readers, Cozette was a lucky recipient of the look what I made board and will be hanging in Cozette's room soon.
When are you going to blog about our trip? :)
oh yes and one more thing...Sadly, my gifts for your girls came from Target this year! :(
It all turned out soo cute!!! I'm glad you found some clips. You really are the Queen of Crafts! I think *I* want one of those pillows.
They all turned out so cute! Where is a Hobby Lobby by the way?
Everything turned out way cute! I like to try to help Emma make presents, but it didn't happen this year. Isaac and Grace both got Target gifts from her! I really want to make a banner, good idea to use old shirts!
So Cute! I am waiting for the other blog update...I LOVE your ideas!!!
I sent a couple of friends to your blog to see your cute ideas. Hope you don't mind the lurkers!
What cute crafts Mereidth! I love those "Look what I made" boards! They are dang cute! I am going to come to playgroup one of these Fridays so we can meet and chat. I love making crafts, but don't know when to fit it in! I have to start soon with seeing all your cute stuff. Jenni McOmber
Post a Comment