Friday, January 16, 2009

Hello Hot-Lanta!

That title is a joke. It is sooooooo cold here! I knew it was going to be on the chilly side but it was 16 degrees this morning when my nephew left for school. Kate I are staying toasty warm as we spend lazy days with my dear sister in law Jeannie and her sweet family as we anticipate celebrating her 40th birthday Saturday night. I am so grateful to sweet overworked and under appreciated husband for giving me this early birthday gift. I think I needed a little re-charge and this is fitting the bill! I have so much gratitude in my heart right now, words cannot describe it. I love my family, my dear friends, and oh my goodness - have you seen that Nie Nie is back? And one more shout out to the amazing pilot and crew that miraculously landed a US Airways flight in the Hudson River. Just as I was sitting on the plane with Kate on Wednesday, heading out here, I said my usual prayer (thank you for the privilege to be able to fly to visit family - please bless the crew, the plane, and my child not to cause a raucous) I was trying to remember the last time there had been a domestic plane crash. Well, thanks to skilled pilot and co-pilot, I will not be in fear as I also fly US Airways back home to Phoenix on Monday.

Anyway, I think I have had the post holiday blues, having felt like a hamster stuck in a wheel not getting anywhere and felt like I was in an unmotivated "funk" so I have yet to blog our SC trip after Christmas. I will. And I will blog about why Caroline wore a red towel on her head to dinner. And I may blog a bit about Lindsay's outstanding report card. (not too braggish though...) And I will blog about Kate and all her doctor updates. (The quick version - she gained 1 pound and her feet - keep on doin' what we're doin'.)

3 comments:

Danika said...

Glad to hear things went smoothly on your flight. Good to hear I'm not the only one who says a prayer everytime I get on an airplane. It was truly a miracle. As Kevin describes it..."the best possible outcome" in a plane crash.

While you are freezing your butt off, we are basking in pure bliss here - it's almost 80 degrees! Have fun and call me on Sunday!

Maddy said...

Welcome home!! We were cold this weekend too. Hope your trip was fun.

Kathleen said...

you are traveling fools! i miss your posts! get back to az!!