Speaking of Christmas songs...
"I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!"
Our Oregon peeps are snowed in! Literally snowed in.
Various pictures we have received from Aunt Shelly from the last several days. They have measured 18 inches on their yard. Not counting drifts! Layers of snow and freezing rain have created what Aunt Shelly called "snow lasagna." Essentially the entire area is shut down. This is breaking 100+ year old snow fall records and it not over yet. We used to dream of being snowed in when we would get a couple of inches here and there. I remember getting 6 inches, maybe. I think I had about 8 snow days total in 12 years of school. Life shuts down with a couple of inches there - it is a rain city, not a snow city. They don't have enough plows to keep things cleared. It is just incredible.Oh, and I stayed up late blogging ('cuz I have nothing else to do!) so enjoy the several posts below if you have that kind of time...












6 comments:
OK Meredith, I have to comment on all the posts here, I'm sorry if I forget something...
1. Kate is a bug-eyed beauty.
2. I cannot believe the snow in Oregon, We have been commenting that it seems half the nation is having snow except for us, I think it was 74 last Friday but it is frigid now.
3. I am glad Caroline had such a wonderful birthday. Tell Lindsay I love her Christmas outfit.
4. I did not know that your Uncle Scott worked for a cheesecake company. I have heard other people say that too many eggs can make a difference in a cheesecake. Does he have a special recipe? You should make us your famous cheesecake at Christmas and another with his advice and let us be the taste testers.
5. Tell your girls they can perform their Polar Express play for us at Christmas.
6. It is a coincidence you mentioned shopping your own closet. My mom recently made the exact comment in a preparedness lesson in RS. We all laughed and joked we could just shop each others closets. I recently found a couple of pieces that I am wearing that I found--one of which is the vest I was wearing last night at our family celebration!
7. You tacky sweater party looks like it was a blast. I love your ensemble and Sam gets a big check for being so agreeable and wearing that awful t-shirt!
I hope I covered it all...Gotta go, we are trying to leave for the day!
Enjoy your tiny tot this year. Hopefully she won't turn into a tornado toddler next year destroying your house (not that I would know about that or anything...)!
Now we are VERY GLAD Kevin's parents moved to Ukraine so we are not going up to Washington this year. The HIGH at his house yesterday was 17 degrees and they have 5 inches of snow. Nope...55 with clouds & rain is perfectly Christmasy enough for me!
she is getting so big! she is such a doll! those snow pictures are making me want to die though!
Your little girls eyes are sparkly and hypnotic! I just love looking into them, and she'll usually reward the admiration with a big gummy smile. What a darling snugglebug! Miss that sweet lil' miss.
WOW -- talk about marathon update ;p
Kate's blue eyes are so pretty! Glad you aren't in Oregon this year -- are you still going to SC or did I make that up?
It looks like you guys have definitely had a festive holiday. SAP didn't have a holiday party to cost cuts this year, but they did send us a $50 visa instead, so I won't complain too much!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Kate looks cute! Merry Chrsitmas!
Post a Comment