We had recently attended an entry level photography class taught by my friend Shauni. She has taken photos of my family a couple of times and sadly, I think she is now out of my price range! But she is SOOO talented and is always booked. Anyway, Molly got a new camera last year (which I will admit I covet a tiny bit - I dinked around with it to do Kate's birth announcement photos) and we have both been anxious to start learning more about photography. Photography, as I explained to Steve when he asked if "photography was really THAT hard" is more than just lining a group of people up and saying "say cheese!" It is lighting and composition and timing and knowing how to get the most out of your equipment to capture the best moments, expressions, and emotions. We have a lot to learn with the ISO and aperture settings and manual modes so over half the pictures were blurry but we had enough to work with to squeeze out a great Christmas card this year! Right now I am on a hunt on Craigslist to buy a used digital SLR - hopefully after Christmas I can find a good deal on a used set-up - that will save some serious dough - and I can keep working on my photog skills. One thing that Shauni emphasaized in her class was not to upgrade equipment until you have outgrown your current set-up. I have been squeezing the most out of my digital point and shoot and do a lot of post-editing on special photos but am ready for more control with a fully manual camera and lens kits and all the fun that comes with that.
(By the way...what is the answer to that question in my header...I wonder..Santa wants to know!)












6 comments:
Great photos. Another great place to take pictures is at the pecan groves in QC about 5 minute drive from Seville Country Club. We had some taken last year at both places and they came back GREAT!! I have a great photographer and she gives workshops frome time to time...Chea Lamb photography. Oh yeah, I was Naughty!!!
You all look fabulous in your photos. I did not know you ever had awful weather in AZ! :) My favorite photo, of course, is the one of Sam holding Kate up with her huge smile. She is such a darling baby girl! Tell Molly I said she did a fantastic job.
By the way, Tell your girls Kayleigh and Bobby are going crazy with excitement and can't wait until Friday.
Cute! I love the one where Steve is holding up Kate! The lighting and everything is so cool! My other fave is the one of you all walking. Cool butt shot!
Oh they are divine! So cute, and a cute family too. BTW, I talked to Beth and she laughed heartily. We think we know each other from somewhere else as well. ;D
Funniest comment from her, "Did you serve a mission?"
ME: Ya, I went to Portugal!
Beth: Oh, I didn't, so it wasn't there...
I don't need a sneak peak ;p We ate the cheesecake int he dark all by ourselves.
We are selling our Cannon SLR camera...I was going to put it on ebay soon! We have loved it! You will love having an SLR camera-they take amazing pictures!!
Post a Comment