I have to say, it was so sweet to be working in the kitchen and to see Steve and Lindsay on the sofa and hearing him teaching her how to use the topical guide to find scriptures related to her topic. She really wanted to write it all and made several corrections, adding and moving thoughts as they came to her. She re-wrote her talk so she wouldn't get confused with all her notes and was ready to go, triple combination in hand, as we went to church.
The assigned topic: "I am thankful to know that we are all children of God."
We are all spirit children of god. I'm a child of god because Heavenly father awnsers my prairs. The first night going to bed with chicken pocks I was scared but remembered I could say a prair to help me feel beter. Then I said a prair and a few minutes later I fel asleep. In doctrine and covenants 50 verse 41 it says, (here she read from the scriptures) "Fear not, little children, for you are mine...". I know Heavenly father waches me and knows when I need him. In the name of Jesus Christ amen.
What a grown up girl to find her own direction and think of her own story to support her topic. She told me she liked writing her talk because there were things she could read about to know what to write, unlike school things she needs to think of on her own. I reminded her that doing this was a lot like writing at school - a topic sentence, several facts to support her topic, that sort of thing. She has done several of informative paragraphs at school...same sort of thing, right? This just has the gospel twist.












7 comments:
That's great! I haven't been able to get my kids to write their own talks yet; mostly because when I try, it's Saturday afternoon and I don't have the patience to let them take as long as it would take them - when it would take me 30 seconds :) Although on Noah's last one I had him start by brainstorming some ideas and then we made sure all of his ideas/thoughts made it into the talk, so we're getting closer. Anyway - great job Lindsay!
Oh, I think this is a precious story. I can just see her at the table working on her talk and being so proud to deliver it. It is a lovely, perfect talk by the way. :)
How perfectly wonderful! I am so pleased that Lindsay wrote her primary talk! Tell her I love her talk and I can just see her delivering it in Primary! I really wish I was there.
Incidentally, Kayleigh gave her first talk in sacrament meeting on Sunday too. She will blog about it later.
Wow! She gave an excellent talk!
that is SO cute! i've always wondered when kids transition into that stage! how adorable is she? i could just eat her up! i'm going to need to spend some with her in january so i can steal her and make her my niece!
I love "Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy"! So, I would still love to talk to you friends about the cash pay thing. Feel free to give her my phone number or I can get her info from you on Sunday if she doesn't mind.
GREAT talk! I love it when they write their own talks. I haven't written Ellie's talk since she was a Sunbeam. Isn't that horrible? She loves to give them and luckily her class is small because every time talks roll around, she gets assigned.
Post a Comment