Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ah, shucks!


I have been thinking about my mom a lot lately. Her birthday is next week, actually. And, her favorite exclamation was the word Fabulous. And her favorite color was purple, by the way. She used the word fabulous to describe everything from her favorite movie(s) to her favorite dessert(s) to being happy that Target is open until 10pm. Fabulous was her go-to word. Anyway, the significance of this is that my amazingingly wonderful sister in law Jeannie nominated me for a fabulous blog award. How nice of her to think of me. I have been called a lot of things but fabulous is not one of them. Sure, Katrina calls me Meredith the Incredible but I know she only does it in jest because she knows the real me. (I mean, she was my visiting teacher. She's seen my house a mess. She has I am sure seen me when I can't remember the last time I took a shower and we were pregnant and fat together...that can just bring out the worst in a person...especially from 36 weeks on)

I get to nominate 5 other blog girlfriends for just such an award. I will try to narrow it down to 5 friends who are just as deserving if not more so of such a fabulous recognition.

Here are the rules for receiving the fabulous award:

1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.

Instructions:
On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. To add the award to your post, simply right-click, save image, then "add image" it in your post as a picture so your winners can save it as well. To add it to your sidebar, add the "picture" gadget. Also, don't forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.

Five Fabulous Addictions:

1. Staying up too late watching DVR'd TV shows
2. Lucky Charms
3. Hot Fudge Milkshakes (not chocolate, duh)
4. Girl time with any of my three girlies!
5. Watching 24 on DVD with Steve...when he is not working...but he has hardly been home for 3 months and I desperately want to watch it again!


And the fabulous winners are:

1. Molly: My partner in crime, the sister who hated my guts and I hated hers until I moved out and went to college and now we are the best of friends. I don't know what I would do without her. Tuesdays with Molly wouldn't exist if there was no Molly!
2. Adrienne: My best childhood friend, my college roommate, and uber fabulous mama of 4 week old twins who has written 11 blog posts since having a c-section October 21st! Amazing. I don't think I have done that many posts since October 21st.
3. Maddy: I know she hates this kind of stuff but she is the reason I have a blog so I consider her to be pretty fab! And since she couldn't watch Kate for me tomorrow since she is doing a 7 mile run, (whatever...wimp) she can do this!
4. Katrina: I received the sweetest email from Katrina today - I miss her so much. I have shared a banana split with extra hot fudge with her so I can't wait to hear about her addictions. And man, can she write, so I can only imagine what she will do with this!
5. Brittany: Brittany has not been blogging a lot lately but has recently posted the most darling pictures of her AJ and Julia AND her recently renovated bathroom. All I have to say is that she is a pretty fabulous mom and a saint for living without a proper bathroom downstairs!

If you think you are also fabulous and were left off this list, I wish I could list 50! You are all deserving of this self esteem boost! Sure, it means nothing except that I think you are pretty dang cool, er, I mean, Fabulous!


5 comments:

Kathleen said...

reading your blog you are definitely fabulous. your mom would be so proud of you. not only do you have three of the cutest, funniest, sweetest girls on the planet but your crafts could be on the cover of magazines!!

what you said about molly makes me laugh!!

jeannie said...

I remember your sweet Mother so well. She was so good to me when we came to your wedding. She was a FABULOUS woman!

Bravo!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Hello Mere, I liked reading about your mom and the description of the people you tagged. Always fun to get to know you better through your blog.

The Evans Family said...

I can totally hear your mom saying "FABULOUS" right now. She was fabulous, as are you! Thanks for the award, now we will see if I get around to awarding my own! Love ya!

Maddy said...

Oh dang, I just read this! I'll have to remember to do it. Thanks for thinking I'm so FABULOUS! What would I do without a friend like you to help me?

PS CHRISTMAS PARTY INVITES!