So, here it is... The top shot is a profile of the head, (bottom right of image) the spine and abdomen, and little legs. The baby is about 6" long at this point. Everything looked great - the heart has 4 chambers and was fluttering away, all parts of the brain and spine are intact...
LITTLE GIRL!!!!!!!
(Or the profile of a Tyrannosaurus Rex). It is an undershot of the bottom and teeny tiny little thighs.I said "I knew it!" Lindsay said "oohhhhh!" like she was disappointed it wasn't a boy. Caroline didn't say much - I am sure she was just confused - she heard a baby crying in another exam room and asked if that was our baby crying in the computer.
Anyway, Steve said to the girls as we were walking out "So am I gonna be the only boy around here forever?" Really, these girls couldn't ask for a better Daddy for a bunch of girls. No disrespect intended, Steve! He is so good with them - in fact, one of their favorite activities is to have him sit or lay in the family room while they spray his hair, put make-up on him, you know, give him the royal treatment! (Seems to happen a lot during UNC games on TV...I wonder if this is a coincidence?)
We had fun together. The girls are at such a fun age for this sort of thing. They still find it to be a mystery that they have not really asked too many questions that are hard to answer, mostly things like "Is the baby sleeping?" "Does the baby give you a tummy ache?" And they give my little tummy kisses.
We are excited - now the waiting begins.... Baby Girl Simpson is due May 13th and we will schedule a c-section for a week or so earlier!!!












6 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I didn't know you were expecting. How exciting! A house full of girls sounds wonderful to me.
that is so exciting. i didnt know you were expecting. yippe!! congrats!
that is so exciting. i didnt know you were expecting. yippe!! congrats!
Congratulations! What wonderful news!! You will have to keep me updated on how you are doing!
YEAY! I *knew* it! Are you going to keep the name secret like you did with the past 2?
I have the cutest baby girl present just waiting for someone!
That is so great! Congratulations! All Ben & I can seem to make are boys! I would love to have a girl someday! Yay!!!
Post a Comment