Friday, November 23, 2007

How was Thanksgiving? Dramatic, thank you.

Let's begin this with a picture of 5 lovely pies. Ahhhh........

Highlights (and lowlights) of our Thanksgiving (you be the judge):

1. Baking Rolls and Pies. I enjoy doing it, it is always my assignment. I made 5 pies: Pumpkin, Apple, 4 Berry, Chocolate, and Banana Cream. Anyone want leftovers?
2. Having my 2 kiddos help with the rolls and chocolate pie.
3. Dog sitting my neighbor's little rat-dog. (Don't get me wrong, it is cute, I just don't know what kind it is...pretty small and scraggly.) The girls are in 7th heaven. Me, not so much.
4. Me, well, I have had a pretty miserable cold and have been experimenting will all kinds of OTC meds to keep me running. Steve throwing up all night and spending Thanksgiving day in bed until it was time to go eat at my dad's, and well, bring the girls late when.....
5. The girls finally *almost* finished cleaning their room. They had been working on it for 3 days (the floor literally was not visible, I am not kidding) and I had bribed and taken away privileges to the max. Finally I said at noon they could not come to Thanksgiving Dinner (4pm) until it was done. As noted before, Daddy brought them late. Dinner had already started.
6. The food was great, Molly made her fantastic creamed corn, the turkey was great, (good job Dad) the kids hardly ate - they wanted to play with Dad's dogs. Steve hardly ate because he was still sick...we had a lot of food!

7,8,9,10 - We had some tough, emotional family issues to deal with. Enough said.

11. We ate pie. Like I said, I made 5. I have lots leftover. (Today I decided to be the coolest mom in the world and let the girls and the neighbor friend who is over have a Pie Buffet for lunch.)
12. Steve and I watched an episode of the 2nd season "24". Always a great way to end a night, Thanksgiving, or otherwise.

3 comments:

Maddy said...

Oh wow -- that sounds miserable! I am so sorry. I think it's time for you and Molly to ditch your dad and start your own Thanksgiving. YUCK! I can't wait to get all the details.

PS Your pies look delicious! I'm sure they tasted as good as they look.

Jared Heal said...

Meredith, Michelle told me you had a question about my kitchen. I checked my email but didn't see it. If you want to just post a comment on my blog please feel free and I can answer any question you might have. You have a cute blog and family.

Brittany

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

oh my those look yummy! what a good little pie baker you are.