OK, this is funny - we were able to have Bill's (Steve's dad) car to drive when we were in NC and we went looking through the console looking for CD's to listen to while driving to Chimney Rock State Park. Perry Como was out, as was Glen Campbell, but we struck Gold: A two disk set - Carpenter's Gold! Lindsay and Bobby (AKA our nephew Everett) were great sports and listened, all of us singing together...good times! We have a couple clips of the real performance at the cabin Friday night but the rehearsals in the car are way better! (Pay no attention to the shaky video shot from the front seat of the car turning around behind me OR the horrid voice coach. )
And, I am learning the video editor/compressor software and this was my first attempt with a trial version of the software before paying $40 for the full version download (hence the goofy green text tag across the shot). If there is a better, more free or cheaper way to do it, I hope to find it! I probably already have software that will compress the video, I just don't know it!! The original video was about 240 MB which is huge for a little tiny clip...dinking around with the compression software I got it down to about 22 MB but quality degrades. I have a lot to learn in this area. Any tips???
What Gives Kids Confidence?
1 week ago












9 comments:
Too funny! How in the world do those children know the words to those songs! That is my all time favorite CD. Bob and I love and I mean LOVE the Carpenters!
That is absolutely fabulous!! Everett has been singing it all week. I wish that I had been in the car with you all. These little cousins have made lasting memories. Thank you for posting the video.
Love,
Jeannie
p.s. if anyone is interested Everett got a whoopi cushon and an airplane at the store. :)
That is so funny! I would like hear a little Close to You or Top of the World next time. :)
I had the same issue with the converter. A couple of months ago I tried it for Ainsley's piano recital and the sound is off from the video. She gets up while the music is still playing! Let me know if you find a program you are happy with!
I have been singing that darn song for the last day and a half since I first watched your video! It seems to me that you wouldn't let me listen to my Carpenters CD in the dorms...and here you are teaching it to your daughter! =-)
Cute kids and fun times! Seems like everyone's summer has been so much more fun than mine. So I enjoy reading other's blogs and living vicariously through them for now! I can't believe Kate is already 2plus months now! I have been to your ward a couple of times but never saw ya. You must have been busy with all your funfilled summer activities! Hope I get to see little Kate next time around!
Oh how funny is THAT! I love the idea of bringing the oldies into the newer generation. We get to inflict our taste for another few years. I love the Carpenters, but when I hear her music on the radio I think of the film they made about them, and this runs through my head; "Super perfectionist singers, Karen died of anorexia, used to play the drums, knit, and they lived with their parents for a long long time . . ."
Kudos to you for getting video up though! I've never done it myself so can't answer for a good program. :( I suck!
that is soooo cute. i love them chopimoing the candy AND singing. thanks for sharing
That's pretty cool, and you have a very cute blog. Thanks for the comment you gave me and yes it is very fun, you should try it sometime:)
American Idol here you come!!! (Serious, try out, maybe if you don't get picked you might have a shot at fame in the videos of those not chosen.....that would be sooo awesome)
Post a Comment