Monday, July 28, 2008

Shorts and polos and skirts...oh my! (Or, "2nd grade, here she comes!")

I guess this means back to school. Yikes! Where has the summer gone? Not that I am going to complain or anything after having spent more time outside of Arizona in the past 4 weeks than in the state! (Watch for our blog essay titled "What I did on my summer vacation" for more fun details!) Our big girl starts 2nd Grade today. I say today because it is 1:30am and I should be in bed getting a good night's sleep but alas, Here I am. I am sure by mid morning I will have added some more pics of Lindsay off and running. We are so proud of her. I cannot believe that when we moved into our home a little over 6 years ago we would have such a grown up daughter. A constant refrain in our home comes to mind: "Don't grow up too soon!"

Time to wake up, get dressed, eat some homemade waffles (because Eggos just aren't the same on such an important day), new backpack in order, fix hair & brush teeth, and Smile!

Mommy and her Mini-Me!

Lindsay and Ellie - they both chose the same first day outfit, just accessorized a little different! Their mommy's shop together...can you tell?

More Special friends...clockwise from top left: Hannah & Ethan, Abby, Lizzie, and Paige.

Oh, my heart was aching inside as I watched her walk away with this worried face. I just wanted to hug her one more time and say "Baby, Mommy and Daddy love you and are so proud of you! I know you are a little nervous but I promise you will have a great day! Just keep being the sweet girl you are and nothing can go wrong. I promise!"

8 comments:

Mary-Faith said...

I hope Lindsay has alot of fun in school!!!

Maddy said...

Let's see some pictures of today!!! I can't believe how different today felt than last year. I think I had checked the clock like 5 times by noon last year. Now I'm thinking, "Dang, I have to drive back there in 2 and a half hours."

Katrina said...

It the MOST wonderful time of the yeaaaar! SHe looks great, and well prepared. :D Congrats, you did it - you are officially a great mom. Photo pics and all. Well done!

Michelle said...

She is such a doll! I can't believe she is already starting school-Paytons first day isn't until August 25th! Summer did fly by! Crazy!!!

Kayleigh said...

Little Lindsay Lou (AKA Our little bobble head,)
You look so adorable on your first day of school. We love the pictures and it is so fun being able to see you with your friends. We hope you had a special first day of school. We love the collages. My favorite picture is of you first waking up in the morning, I like your WILD hair.
We love your new header, Meredith.
I hope Caroline did not miss you too much today.

Jeannie

Molly said...

Aah, Lindsay looks so cute! I can't beleive she's so grown up!

The Evans Family said...

I feel the same way--don't grow up too soon! Lindsay looks very cute, how did her first day go? That worried face picture made me feel nervous too.

Clemstock said...

Oh, looking at this picture makes me tear up. It's so hard, but so nice to have your kids back in school. Amazing that you have started school already.