
As of yesterday, our baby girl is now 2 months old!!! I cannot believe how fast time goes by. I really cannot imagine our life without her. Lindsay put it best when yesterday she said "Ever since she was born, she is the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing I think about at night." Obviously, she is in love with her baby sister. We all love our baby Katers...she is starting to smile and coo and is finally coming out of her "sleep all the time" phase so we are getting more awake time with her. She is up to sleeping about 8 hours straight through the night - we love that! I cannot go anywhere without getting comments on the girl with all the hair. My mother in law Shirley calls her the little girl with the big hair! All that hair comes at a price...constant bed head! If I spray it down once in a while, it does OK. But, if we are constantly petting her head, well, it sticks strait up!
Oh, I did have a funny experience in NC at Wal-Mart - I made a quick Wal-Mart run one morning with just Kate and while checking out, two older women working as cashiers started oohing and aahhing over "HIM" and how cute "HE" was and after a couple more male slanted pronouns, I couldn't take it anymore! You know me, I will say almost anything to anyone! I said, "Why do you keep calling HER a HIM? She is dressed from head to toe in pink, has a pink blanket and pink in her hair!" Oh, and another one...while walking through the Houston airport on Saturday, a woman walked by, taking notice of Lindsay and Caroline and asked, since Kate was mostly hidden in the sling, if "we finally got a boy in there." I said "No, I am thoroughly enjoying having my 3rd girl!" We get all kinds of "poor you - no boy yet" comments about having 3 girls, lots of them directed to my "poor husband." But we agree we are all so thrilled with our family of girls. I wouldn't have it any other way. (But we love sharing most everything we do in AZ with Hayden and if Jeannie would let me have him, I would take Everett in a heartbeat!)

(Kate and me on the left) Where Kate spent much of her time while out and about in NC...in her Peanut Shell Sling! She loves it in there ...it is a great tool for a baby that loves to be swaddled - we flew on the plane and went sightseeing and hiking and to a baseball game with her just like that and she was never happier or more content then when she was in her sling.

Kate and her cousin Cozette who is 10 months old - we had to get a picture of both pretty babies in their 4th of July finest! (With my sister in law Jeannie, Brad's wife. )

Couldn't leave the handsome daddy's and their baby girls out of the action! (Steve and his brother Brad. )
Stay tuned for more pictures from our trip to Asheville, NC!!!!
10 comments:
Kate is so adorable. Don't worry, it works both ways with the genders. Since I have three boys, I get all of the comments about when are you going to try for a girl, etc. And my boys who were dressed from head to toe in a blue and red sports outfit with short cropped hair were called "she" and "her" all the time.
Happy two months birthday! We love cousin Kate' We love her hair. We love everything about her.
You are right Shirley said it best, she is a little girl with big hair. Our time with you all was wonderful and it is hard to believe that Asheville is over. What do we anticipate now? Looking forward to more pictures.
Kayleigh's mom aka Jeannie
So cute! It's funny how some familys don't get a mix of boys and girls. Unfortunately, even though I really do love having boys, I still really did want to have a girl-oh well! I guess a family of 3 boys will be it for us!
She is so cute, I just want to pick her up and hold her! I wonder if the Peanut Shell sling comes in a double, I've heard that some do. I may have to look into that. When do you come to Oregon?
Cute pictures. I want to see that hair in person some time!
I love that Kate has enough hair for not only herself but her cute,8 months older cousin! It reminds me of pictures of meghan and I- me bald and her with freakin pig tails! lucky ducks!
Happy two month birthday!!! Kate is so adorable! I can't wait to see her again!♥♥♥
She is so sweet, and you look good too! I got him comments all the time, even with big bows in her hair. I wish people would just not say anything unless they are very very sure! They're probably the same people who want to touch your preg belly and you've never seen them before in your life!
Glad you had fun in NC! Hopefully OR is just as much fun! See you when you get back!
That girl's hair is the most addictive thing I have seen in my life! It is SO SOFT, and SO FINE. Its better than a mink coat! All you want to do is rub, rub, rub. I'm surprised that she has any left. And the blue eyes, that girl has two pools of clear blue eyes that are just as hypnotic as her hair. Beautiful, beautiful girl. I wouldn't trade her! Hold on to that sweet ball of wonderfulness! Besides, she's proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy. :D Enjoy them for who they are, and not what they are, sez I.
Post a Comment