Sunday, June 8, 2008

What a blessing...

...to have so many people who were able to spend time with us in AZ for the blessing of our sweet Kate! Molly and I worked out our schedules to make sure we would bless our babies on the same day since they were only 3 weeks apart and it would be a good way to consolidate on travel for our family! Steve's parents came from South Carolina and my Grandma Nadene came from Oregon. Several other local friends were able to attend our baby blessings as well Molly's inlaws who we also consider to be family! We realized we were going to have a fairly sizable guest list to host for dinner and were thrilled when Dad and Debbie offerred their home for us to use. They have a great "party house" so it was a great fit! Thanks so much - it worked out beautifully! I feel so grateful for a husband who holds the Priesthood and can offer such a beautiful blessing for our daughter. It truly was a special day. When I had Lindsay, I started this crazy ridiculous tradition of making a blessing gown for my daughter. That has now turned into a new hand made blessing gown for each of my children. Sure, it makes me crazy, I stay up too late, I fret about it, but it means a lot to me to know that they will have their own white dress to cherish and use again for their own family if they so wish. here are several of my favorite pictures from the day (along with those above in my new blog header!) I regret, however, that I forgot to make sure to get a picture of just me and Kate or a picture of just our immediate family. Oh well...it is all about sharing the day with family, right?
With Steve's Parents, Bill and Shirley
With my Dad and Debbie
The Ashton's, Simpson's, McGuire's and Grandma Stone
I have really enjoyed sharing so many special new baby moments with Molly!
I adore this picture of Grandma and Kate. We are all so blessed to have such a wonderful Grandma!

6 comments:

Katrina said...

You look awesome! It was fun to share this day with you as well - we got to talk to Steve's parents for a little bit (some NC razzing going on), and we just fell in love with them. You have a beautiful daughter, an adorable sister, cute family, and super-awesome inlaws!

Corbett Family said...

Looks like you had a great day and lots of family. It is always fun to celebrate a new baby (even though we spend lots of time obsessing over their dress or outfit and it is lots of work to have family in town).

Danika said...

I can't believe I missed it! I have been so wrapped up in unpacking...SORRY! When I read Katrina's post last week, I was so mad at myself. We'll have to have you over soon!

Michelle said...

Wow you are amazing! I can't believe that you made that dress! It's beautiful!!! Great job! I forgot to take any pictures in Payton's blessing outfit when I had Payton blessed-I have always been so mad about that!!! I was in too big of a hurry to get him out of it so that it wouldn't get ruined!

Sims Family said...

You look terrific and the dress is beautiful! I am impressed. Ryan's great-grandma is buying ours...no sewers here!

Maddy said...

So bummed I was too sick to make it. Next baby -- ha ha!