You know how you have those "kid moments" when they really should be in trouble, you should keep s straight face, but you cannot help but bust a gut? Case in point. We could not stop laughing, the whole time telling the kids through gasps, "It's not funny!" "Caroline is covered in Ketchup!" "It is a good thing her mom just bought her new shorts so she can take off her soaked with ketchup skirt!"
------------------------------------------
OK, back to swimming lessons. Molly has a friend who teaches lessons at her home ($30 for 8 days - can't be beat!) and we just finished our one session of lessons. The pool temp. fluctuated with our crazy weather the first week (brrrrr....the water was only 76 degrees!) but was back to 82 this week. I am so proud of the girls - Caroline loves the water - this is such a far cry from her first year of lessons 2 years ago where she cried the whole time and spent the entire session trying to escape from the pool. Now, she is mad we are only doing one session. Crud, I cannot afford the gas for the 19 mile round trip! As long as we go swimming a lot, they will keep up their skills, I have no doubt. She can jump in and swim unassisted...not too far but far enough to have fun and find the wall and feel comfortable. Lindsay can swim the length of her backyard pool with a really nice arm/crawl stroke. Side breathing - still needs to work on that - but she loves to swim and prefers without goggles so she is quite secure under water.














5 comments:
Ha ha! Now I get the kethcup reference!
That is funny!! I am LOL!!! Everett likes to slurp applesauce in a straw. Only 15 days until vacation!! Pah-tay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Ya!
That is one of the funniest things I have seen! Way to go with the camera capturing the action!
SO funny!! The things kids do!
who is it that teaches lessons? we need to get nate swimming. I have (still in the process of) taught gabe and sam's next, but nate is needing some work. someone else needs to be the bad guy in addition to mommy! :)
Post a Comment