Friday, March 7, 2008

Twilight...who knew?


Due to my continued battle with "The Plague" (going on 3 week now...ugh) and now Caroline's venture into the 103 degree fever realm, I finally got a chance to get "into" Twilight and finished it yesterday afternoon. I never knew falling in love with a Vampire could be so captivating...or seem so normal. It is an easy read and even I wasn't turned off by the vampire lore or stories. Now, this is coming from someone who won't even watch a Harry Potter movie, let alone read one of the books! I just don't do fantasy and wizards and that sort of thing. So, I have finally figured out what most of you know - Twilight is a great fun read and I am ready to get into the next books of the series, New Moon and Eclipse. But, I have ALL THESE UNDONE projects looming...and I keep getting more and more pregnant! Ugh....

6 comments:

Corbett Family said...

I loved the Twilight Series, and I usually hate fantasy too. I read the first two within a few weeks and devoured the third when it came out last August. Waiting for the fourth . . .

Jody

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

you know my love for it!! you will have to go to the midnight showing of the movie with me and the gals in dec o8. i never watched harry potter, i feel the same way you did. i cant wait for the 4th, and in may a different book of hers not in the series is coming out.

Katrina said...

Geeze, I feel a little uneasy here. I caught on the Harry Potter train pretty early on with my sibs, and enjoyed them immensely - movies and all. Matthew and I would trade "slob" days. We didn't do a darned thing for a whole day except read the entire book while the other watched the kids. I wasn't expected to do dinner, laundry, or even answer the phone. Good times, good times.

Can I borrow your book? I just finished up some of my dangling projects and I'm ready for something that's NOT project-ie. I'm not much of a vampire afficianado myself, but I'm getting recommendations all over the place for this book, and people wanting t-shirts that say, "Edward, bite me!" Okay, I SO have no clue about that, but I'm willing to sample. :D

Let me know if you need someone to watch your girl while you pass out - you should also contact your VT, and get their lazy butt in gear!

Danika said...

Told you so...
Have you seen the casting for the movie??? http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight_movie.html

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! Isn't it SO good! I was very leery of it at first too, but then I got hooked! I'm glad you are better-that junk is going around here too!

Clemstock said...

Like we've talked, Twilight has some hidden captivating element that slowly pulls you in. And, I am totally shocked you are getting more pregnant, heeheehee....my vote: get pregnant, have 2 weeks of being pregnant then give birth and be done. Wouldn't that be awesome!!! I don't know if you have changed from your first pregnancy (that's the last time I saw you prego), but you are probably still a cute pregnant lady with a tiny basketball stomach. That is the only thing I detest about being pregnant, my entire body(fingers, cheeks, forehead, elbows, everything) becomes pregnant and I get huge. And tell me how do you lose fat in your forehead? Not all are blessed to get the basketball stomach pregnancies...lucky.