Monday, March 17, 2008

Anyone Do MySpace or Facebook?

I just created profiles on both - I was inspired to do so by an old high school friend who was in town this weekend for a wedding and I got a little nostalgic thinking about old friends. I LOVE this mommy blog world but it is also fun and interesting to find some old friends. Both my sisters have MySpace profiles but I don't think I had ever looked at them until today! Anyone else? I really can't see these going anywhere (MySpace is such a cluttered icky interface anyway...don't want to spend a lot of time there). But, I did scroll thru looking at registered alumni from my high school and that sort of thing is always eye-opening! I AM from Portland, Oregon after all...I was friends with all kinds of crazies!

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Maredith,
I am a facebook girl, but I don't spend too much time on there. I stay on there to come in contact with old friends and it sure has been handy for that! Otherwise I don't really care about it. I feel safer on facebook than myspace. I did myspace for a while and then decided I did not like the things I would see on people pages so I deleted my profile. Facebook is a lot more safe and clean in my opinion.
Ps. Love your baby bedroom set! It's beautiful!

Sims Family said...

I've signed up for facebook, but never looked in it. I need to do that! You always inspire me to get things done, Meredith!

Kami R said...

Hey Meredith,
Good to hear from you! I put some pics up for you. It sounds like you all are doing well. I can't believe everything you're putting together for the nursery. It's very inspiring! ;)

Kathleen said...

i have facebook!!! i am going to add you but i don't know your new last name! maddy has it too! wait, i think its simpson.

Michelle said...

I've thought about signing up for Facebook-both of my sisters use it, but since I went to school in Orem, I don't know if there are alot of people that are on there! It sounds like it would be fun for you to connect with old friends though!

Maddy said...

I have facebook. It was actually a concession -- Kathleen would start a blog if I signed up on facebook. I do facebook about as much as she blogs. Add me!

Katrina said...

I'm on Facebook - it was started by a student from Harvard, and it does have stricter parameters about what you can (and can't) post. I've reconnected with some old friends from High School, and the younger generation.

My Space, however, is NOT very regulated, and when some kid shoots up a Universtiy, there is usually a LOT of skanky crap on their "myspace" page.

Love the babyclock ticker (stole your idea!) love the baby set. I envy you the fun of girly stuff.

Cicily said...

I think they are both way to messy for my organized brain. Seriously, when I go on MySpace, I have to be really patient.