Sunday, December 9, 2007

The past couple of days...

I'm a Star!!!
Lindsay was selected as Star Student this past week which meant working on an "All About Me" poster, writing her autobiography, and bringing a couple of show and tell items. Caroline and I came to school to see her presentation to the class. I love spending time in her class - it is great to be a fly on the wall and see how the children work, learn, and behave! Anyway, the kids of the class got a chance to ask her 5 questions like "what is your favorite letter?" (L) And "What is your favorite number?" (8). She brought her favorite thing in the world, her Felicity American Girl Doll she got for Christmas last year.

All I Want for Christmas is my TWO Front Teeth!
Next for fun? After dinner, Lindsay and Caroline were playing school at their white board and somehow "sweet innocent" Caroline smacked a marker into Lindsay's mouth finally taking her loose tooth to the next level. Well, with a little blood and help from Mommy, Lindsay pulled out her 2nd tooth! She lost her first tooth right before we went to Disneyland (Because "there are lots of fairies at Disneyland Mommy") and waited until we got there to put it under her pillow where she was lucky enough to get TINKERBELL as her tooth fairy and got a keepsake Tinkerbell bracelet! (The tooth is traded for aA pearl charm to be added to the bracelet.)

So, she put her bracelet and tooth under her pillow (to make sure the tooth fairy here knew she had the bracelet that gets a new pearl in trade for the tooth). In the morning, Lindsay's things were exactly as she left them and she came out of her room half asleep trying to figure out if the tooth fairy had come or not. Well, with a little help and extra hard looking with Mommy and Daddy, we were able to see that the Tooth Fairy had "accidentally" left the new pearl for her bracelet under Caroline's pillow! She must have been confused by the bunkbeds, we told her. Lindsay thought this was so funny and Mommy and Daddy said "Phew!"

Our Lovely Gingerbread House!
Thanks to a $8.99 kit from Costco, we got to build a lovely gingerbread house together as a family on Friday night. It was actually a lot of fun - everyone got in on it and considering we ended up having to rob spots of candy off the gingerbread house to fill in other spots (because some kiddos I know were snacking along the way) it turned out pretty dang good. We only lost one candy cane due to being broken in half. We really need to get a tripod for our camera. WE spent so long (OK, I spent a long time while the rest of the crew laughed at me) trying to set up the bar stool with various books or DVD cases stacked up to create the perfect height for a self-timed photo. It finally worked.

Cousins, Cookies, and Candy!
Molly and Andy were working at a charity event on saturday and staying the night and next day at a resort for a little couple R&R so we had the cousins, Hayden and Brynley. After a day spent playing outside while Steve and I put the exterior lights up (half are not working...scratching my head...) we let the kids ice and decorate some cookies. We SHOULD have had lots left over from the gingerbread house kit because it came with 4 gingerbread man cookies) but instead had to dip into our almost forgotten about Halloween candy stash to get enough to make a respectable stab at it. They had fun...then we threw them in the bathtub.

My front Door...I hope it says Merry Christmas!
And after 3 bows in 36 hours, I think I am finally happy with my wreath. I got this wreath from my sister for my birthday a few years back - from Restoration Hardware - it is artificial eucalyptus and bay leaves with berry sprigs. It has had the same bow for the last couple years. I put it up with the old one; it looked tired. I made a new one; it looked too bushy and fluffy for my taste. I realized i just needed a nice classy wide red bow - it has a corduroy texture so it is a pretty ribbon and was actually just a bulk spool from Michael's. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Maddy said...

WOO HOO! I love it when there are lots of pictures on a blog post. Who wants to read about it when I can see it!

Michelle said...

Hey, how did you do the cluster of photos? I think that it is so cool!! Cute pictures!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Okay, so we just made a gingerbread house tonight with the kids, and I'm not sure what happened, but it looks nowhere near as good as yours...maybe Ben cut the hole in the bag too big. Oh well, better luck next year! :)