
I couldn't resist this one. I know every one has the "sweetest" child in the world, but Caroline is truly my sweetie that is a devil in disguise. She has such a doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personality - she changes on a dime from a growling, snarly, ornery, little critter to the most darling and kissable and loving child I know. She tells me several times a day, "Mommy, I love you so much!" When she is THIS little darling, that is when I hug her and say "Oh, this is the girl I love!" She actually struggles with some areas of speech a little bit (r's, w's, l's, and "ch") so when she says "much" it is more like "Mutz". She will probably need speech therapy one of these days but for now it is endearing! Lately, she has taken to referring to herself in the 3rd person - for instance, "Mommy, can Caroline have a snack?" "Mommy, Caroline wants to play outside and ride bikes." She is definitely an odd duck. (Any fans of Seinfeld? It reminds us of the memorable character Jimmy; he was in one episode only. ("Jimmy is sweet on you. Jimmy would like to ask Elaine out.") She is my Tom Boy with short hair but she carries a purse. Her favorite colors are blue AND pink. Her preschool bag is usually loaded with about a month's worth of immediately ripped from her head hair clips. Her favorite clothes are cut-off long denim shorts and a green striped t-shirt with a bug on the front. She repeatedly digs them out of the dirty laundry to wear over and over but she always wants lip gloss on. She never wants to wear the same PJ top and bottom that match - always mixes. She kisses my belly to kiss the baby and prays for the baby to come out of mommy's tummy any time she says a prayer.
I snapped this picture last night when she fell asleep next to the tree for Christmas story time. How sweet is she?
4 comments:
Hi Merideth! I found you when you found Sarahs blog. I know you from the school. :D Cute blog!
Hi,I'm setting up a blog for my fma. How did you get the pretty paisly pattern at the top of yours?
You punk! How did you get it?
Hi Merideth. Of course we remember you. Thanks for stopping by on my blog. It's so amazing how this blog world keeps people connected and reunites others! I am loving it! Your daughters are precious and congrats on the third! Three girls...how awesome!
p.s. I have had that ribbon forever...in my obsessive ribbon collection :D
p.p.s I love Project Runway too!
p.p.p.s Bob says "hi" and he hopes all is well with you :D
Stop by again...I know I will!
Post a Comment