Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Caroline is 4!!!!!

Picture this...Caroline comes running into the kitchen Sunday afternoon hollering "I am going to go look in the mirror to see how BIG I am now!!!" Our Little Girl is growing up! Caroline's 4th Birthday was on the 16th. She got to start the day by choosing her breakfast the night before. I suggested several things...French toast, pancakes, waffles...she chose powdered sugar donut holes. Go figure! She got to open one gift in the morning, a pair of bunny slippers.
Tis' the season to be obsessed with Tinkerbell! She wanted Tinkerbell everything, same goes for her Christmas wish list. She loves the Disney Fairies play set and pop-up book from Dad and Debbie and LOVES the Tinkerbell velour jogsuit from the Ashton's (Molly's family.) and has worn daily (and nightly) since Sunday night. Literally. She let me wash it one night! We had the family over for a birthday dinner party - Caroline chose the main dish - Orange Chicken, Spring Rolls, Rice, and Stir Fry veggies. Mommy and Daddy weren't planning on getting a whole lot gift wise because the swing set this summer was for both girls birthdays. But....
...when the kids were all riding bikes outside in the neighborhood 2 Saturdays ago, their friend Dillon crashed his bike into the princess tricycle Caroline was riding and broke it beyond repair. So, she was surprised with (note her covering her eyes as it was wheeled in) a training wheels bike. I think she was beyond thrilled. The bike had blue on it; that is all that mattered. It didn't need to be a Princess or Dora or whatever...we knew as long as it had blue, it was a winner! (And it was the least expensive!!)
Thank you Dollar Store and Wal-Mart! I had noticed at our 99Cent Only store that they had a huge selection of Disney stationary items so when it came time to put together the treat bags for the Tinkerbell Party, I knew right where to go! I HATE "loot bags" full of plastic junk so I usually try to do something they use during the party or something useful at home, like art supplies. This time I got Tinkerbell colored pencils, pen, pencil sharpener and for fun, some Tink tattoos and a candy necklace. And all she wanted was the Tinkerbell rings on cupcakes for her cake. For $4.88 from the Wal-Mart bakery, I got a dozen in the colors she wanted. She got to invite 6 friends to her party and I surprised her and her sister by picking up Lindsay from school to be the party helper. You can't see in the bottom picture because it cut off in the collage, but cousins Hayden and Brynley came too. Hayden was so funny - He saw the cupcakes and said "Oh, isn't there a PINK one?" Cracked us up.

I think most of the kids at the party were more pulled together than Caroline. She started the day with her hair done cute in a CLEAN Tinkerbell Jogsuit. But, of course, she ripped out her hair clip and changed from sneakers to flip flops the second she had a chance. That's our Caroline!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute party! I am trying to plan Paytons right now for the 27th and it's hard getting everything done with Christmas being right around the corner!

Maddy said...

PHEW -- this is a much better update than the one I stumbled upon one day. I've noticed that one was deleted.

Meredith said...

Huh? What update are you talking about? Maybe it was a draft full of incoherent sentences and I was checking to see if the pictures were lining up right or something?