Friday, December 21, 2007

There are no words...

...I have officially had my "Merry Christmas" breakdown.Hot Pink Nail Polish all over my bathroom tile, 2 bath mats, a couple of items left on the floor, and my carpet. I am failing to find any humor in this at all.

UPDATE: OK, there might be words. I am grateful for my friend. My friend (who was released 6 weeks ago as my counselor in primary and I adore her) stopped by with a plate of Christmas goodies and a small gift for me. I of course was in tears and told her what happened and this woman, who lost her dad last week and has had two sons pass away (one as an adult, on as a 5 year old child) totally understood that at this moment in time, this was a huge disaster for me. Her husband tried to tell me it was not worth crying about and we will look back on this and laugh. She said "yes it is worth crying about - right now, it is!" She and her husband went off to the hardware store to buy some industrial strength acetone for me. She said she could smell the nail polish remover - and my bathroom is the farthest room in the house from the front door.

Since my day started with my keys locked in my car and I tried to make lemonade out of lemons, this has really been a fine way to wind up the day. Maybe I can look back and laugh...some day.

Additional Update: Steve got home at about the same time the acetone arrived. He spent over an hour with a mask on (potent stuff) scrubbing the bathroom tile with a toothbrush-sized wire brush. I had already spent a half an hour in tears with regular nail polish remover and it wasn't totally getting it. I love you Steve!!! It is gone!

7 comments:

Molly said...

So we are all taking bet over here on who was the culprit with the nail polish...

Meredith said...

Well, I am sure you know...and it wasn't me.

Molly said...

Looks like she had fun at least! I thought maybe it was accidentally dropped but Andy pointed out the artistic flare with which it was applied to the floor so we figured it wasn't an accident.

Carson M said...

Was it Caroline? That sucks big time! I'm glad you had a such a great friend to rescue you...that's one of those stories you share in relief society about when your friend and/or visiting teacher showed up at 'the exact moment when you realized all might be lost'. Very heart warming and inspiring. :) Way to go Steve!

Meredith said...

To her defense, I found out she was putting a couple of bottles of nail polish away, but was doing so by balancing one on each shoulder...Oh Caroline...

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! That is so sad!! I'm glad that you got it out of the tile!! BTW, I got your darling christmas card yesterday! I LOVE it!!!

Maddy said...

One time Nate dropped purple all over our bathroom so I feel your pain. It was all over the baseboards and door and would not come off. I ended up sanding it off and re-painting. It took about 6 months to find the time, though, so every time I went to the bathroom I was MAD!