Wednesday, December 16, 2009

SIX is a big deal!

Then - Caroline at 2 months old (this dress...oh, this dress!)

2 years old

4 years old

And now...November 2009

Last night as we sat around the kitchen table digging four forks into a cheesecake and reading our Christmas stories, I asked if anyone remembered what we were doing 6 years ago at this very time. It was a Monday night and Steve, Lindsay and I were finishing the last of the Christmas run around, delivering goodies to dear friends and even dropping off a baby gift for twin baby girls, dear friends of Caroline we would come to know as Zoe and Lucy. (Sara, I don't remember what the whole gift was except that it included a lot of diapers!) We then stopped at Mom and Dad's house to drop Lindsay off for a sleepover with Nama Sue while we prepared to go to the hospital the next morning for my scheduled c-section.

As Steve remembers it, he was able to see Caroline before me, of course, and as she was delivered, he announced "We have Lindsay Jr. here!" He wasn't far from the truth. The hair - check. the chubs - check, 9 lbs even. The eyelashes - not quite the same but oh, the blue eyes and the dimple!!!

Today I will pick Caroline up from school and take her to lunch (Chick-fil-A I am sure she will choose) and she chose Rocket Pops to bring as her school birthday treat. Popsicles? That's my Caroline!

Our sweet Caroline has really grown in the last year - she is a kinder but wears Lindsay's 2nd grade hand me downs. Her hair is long again. She can ride a two wheeler. And by George, she found her inner graceful girl and can dance!

Friday we celebrate with a Polar Express inspired birthday party with several of her best new buddies from school - sure to be a fantastic party!

A few fun shots from the last couple of months:

Typical sideways goofy smile.

The Monkey shirt. She would wear it every day if she could!

End of the soccer season, fall 2009.

Happy Birthday Baby!
And sweetie, thank you for letting me call you Baby.


4 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Happy birthday, Cute Caroline! Six is definitely important, and I love all these pictures of the birthday girl. What a great Christmas present!

Katrina said...

Your love for your girls is very nearly palpable! I don't think they will ever want for the attention of their mama. Sweet and darling, everything you deserve in a darling daughter!

Gotta say it, this kid cracks me up, "I think I'm gonna BARF!" I know, I know, I need to get a better favorite memory. She loves her family, and her blankie... happy 6th kiddo!

The Evans Family said...

Happy Birthday Caroline! That baby picture is just precious, and that dimple of hers IS dang cute!

jeannie said...

We really do our love our fun little Caroline. Forever in my memory is the sight of her and Everett partying at 6 am in the morning when they spilled chocolate milk and cereal on the kitchen floor in Asheville. I believe Everett had thrown up from partying too hard.

I love Caroline because she always takes the time to sit on my lap and give me a hug or smooch even if they are in the middle of playing some important game like "Agnes."

I can't wait to see her long beautiful hair.

♥♥♥♥♥