Monday, December 21, 2009

Caroline Celebrates...

...Also known as the day I broke my camera. :( I dropped it 3 feet to the tile the night of Caroline's birthday. Steve claims I did it on purpose because a new SLR has been on my wishlist for quite a long time but breaking this one means I need TWO new cameras instead of just one. Even with an SLR I still need my purse size point and shoot. It is a bummer to say the least.

Anyway...back to our scheduled programming.

Lindsay and I planned a birthday breakfast - homemade donuts - a favorite treat we had not made in a long time. She got up early and helped me make a special morning for Caroline.


We had not yet done hair...either of us. I was fresh from bootcamp. I am guessing not all that fresh.

I picked up Caroline for lunch and if I was a betting woman, I could have hit big knowing she would choose Chick-fil-A for lunch. And since it was her birthday and all, we had to share the chocolate peppermint milkshake. Darn it. It was tasty.

After donuts and the milkshake lunch we opted for a low key dinner - loaded baked potatoes and fruit. Caroline chose the menu and she arranged the fruit plate. So cute! She only allowed us to eat the fruit in a certain order - no bananas before kiwi! No apples yet! Finish the clementines! Funny girl.

Speaking of funny girl...it was after this picture that I dropped my camera.

And then we start getting pictures that look like this.

And this. In natural light they are a little better...

Friday - the first day of winter break and we celebrated with several of Caroline's nearest and dearest with a Polar Express Birthday Party. Jammies, jingle bells, hot cocoa, cookies and crafts.

Lindsay and Ellie were my helper Elves and they worked hard! Handing out jingle bell necklaces, helping the little crafters, crowd control - I could not have done it without them!

Decorating their cups...

....I know it looks like I created a bunch of coffee addicts but these cups can also hold hot cocoa...and the intent was to keep from spilling while we watched The Polar Express movie. (We still had one massive spill but I am fairly certain it could have been worse.)


We painted and glittered ornaments

We had a birthday cookie

Caroline received some fun gifts including a cute dog that I just heard barking in her bed and an adorable Twizzler's t-shirt. A new favorite - I can tell already. Move over Monkey shirt!

A super fun time for a fabulous little toothless 6 year old!

2 comments:

The Evans Family said...

Oh, big bummer about the camera! Looks like Caroline was still able to celebrate! =-) Fun party.

Maddy said...

So sorry about the camera. I love the bed head shots though. So awesome for putting them up.

Thanks for having Ellie. We hope Caroline loves her gift. We love all your girls like our own!!

Love you Caroline!!!