This scene has been playing in my head since last night...don't you think of this or something like it? Nemo meeting his teacher, getting to know the classroom, making friends, ready for the unknown... And Marlin - wondering if his little one is prepared for the big bad world that awaits, if he will make friends, nervous about the unknown...Well, Today we sent our kiddos off to school and Caroline was my Nemo. This morning, after a bit of coaxing out of bed, was ready to go to school! Lindsay is the BTDT (been there done that) big sis and knew the drill all too well. We had a great morning!

Getting the morning off to a good start with "Rolled Up Pancakes" (crepes to you), melon and juice. Caroline just picked at her breakfast. I think she was so excited to get to school. After Sunday night's meltdown I think she was ready to get goi
ng! Last night both of us got angry and collapsed in tears on her bed - and our real feelings about being sad and scared bubbled up and we cried and cried together. We eventually ended by making up a secret handshake for the first day.
Their clothes were laid out on the window seat and ready to go - I know Caroline was really looking forward to choosing uniform outfits. And really, I was too - If you have been around her lately, you know she has been quite the creative dresser. A pirate vest from a Halloween costume has dominated this summer.

Let's get a close up of my girlies. Lindsay was so ready to be protective of her little sis. Lindsay's 3rd grade class is in the annex building so the possibility of them running into each other in passing is pretty remote. Caroline was bummed. (But, as I would find out later today, their lunch recess overlaps each other by about 10 minutes - which surprised both of them! I hear there was a happy hugging reunion.)

Admiring their new polka dot Converse. I wish I could get me some of those!


With their "well pleased" mama and daddy. So glad Steve was able to join us to walk the girls for the first day of school. From here on out, Steve will drive the girls to school on his way to work. Lindsay will drop Caroline off at the Kinder waiting spot before meeting up with her class line.

We pulled The Critter out of bed to join us...she was pretty sleepy!

So, wouldn't you know Lindsay and Ellie were wearing the exact same shirt and had almost the same hair style?
Last year they came wearing the exact same top and bottom! They didn't plan it either time! Those girls...these BFF's are so bummed they will never be in the same class together...since Ellie is a grade level younger - she is a wee bit taller though! LOL! I like to tell Lindsay she is pocket sized. This makes her giggle.

Happy reunions with friends

Caroline and Ms. Jones. She was Lindsay's kinder teacher - we adore her.

And their off!

A few more from the morning
And how did The Critter and I spend our day?

Measurements and getting casts made for a new set of braces. Just little fiberglass castings that were cut off as soon as they set up to make a mold of her legs and feet to make the new AFO's. She is still on nighttime wear - it was just time for a bigger pair. She got a lot of wear out of the old ones - wearing them since October! New pink AFO's will be ready next Tuesday.
Read on to see how we started back to school last night.
9 comments:
I can't believe Caroline is a Kinder. CRAZY! She looked so happy today.
And you and Kate accomplished a lot more today than I did. It was a reminder that with the 4 I get a lot less accomplished in a day than with just the baby.
The night before school starts is very special for the kids. They always say they can't fall asleep but end up crashing. We are so blessed that our children can receive a father's blessing.You are one special Mama to prepare such a lovely meal for them. What a nice theme for them to follow all year. My new theme is going to be I.M.N.O.T.Y.O.U.R.M.A.I.D!
Well, I had a bit of computer trouble and I posted wrong comment to the wrong post. Sorry.
I am so glad that the girls had a fabulous first day of school. Tell them we are lovin' those polka dot Converse. Kayleigh chose a shade of charcoal gray. Everett almost got Converse but could not quite stray away from his "beloved" Nike's!
You're off to a great school year!
I want to know about more about Kate's casts and her progress. How long will she have to wear her little casts? I am happy the doctors can correct this. She is so little--and I don't believe you when you say she is getting b-a-d!
I can not believe how fast they grow up. Your girls are so beautiful!
It's crazy that school has started for you! I bought a few school supplies the other day and thought it seemed so early! I am not ready to lose my little helper yet, good thing we still have over a month of summer.
Your girls look darling, I hope they had a good day. I bet you and Kate will have some nice days together!
Lindsay and Caroline look so cute in their back to school clothes and converse! I hoped they had a wonderful first day of school! Kate looks adorable. I love you!:)♥
Glad to see you're back to blogging! :)
You are so much better than I am - pancakes & melon! Brandon had pop tarts yesterday. And this morning it was Krispy Kreme donuts...
I love the "Respect" night-before-school dinner idea.
Glad they had a great first day! Mmm, rolled up pancakes!
These girls look so cute! I love their uniforms, fun shoes, happy faces, and cute smiles! I can't believe it's going to be just me and Susie soon. Transitions can be tough.
Post a Comment