Sunday, March 13, 2011

We look like cows. Free food, please!

In light of the fact that I haven't blogged consistently for months, I bring you the following posts.

We ♥ Chick-fil-A; who doesn't? Last July, Chick-fil-A celebrated Cow Appreciation Day by offering any customers that come to the restaurant dressed as a cow a free full meal of their choice. It was mid July and by this point, we are climbing the walls, antsy to do something, anything, because we are so dang hot, and stuck at home. Molly and I decided it would be a great time for the kiddos and free food is a great bonus.

The girls and I made sandwich boards for the kids that said "Eat More Chikin", I made some cow ear headbands for everyone, and while the kiddos were in swimming lessons, Molly and I cut out tons of black and white spots to stick on everyone's clothing.

Honestly, we felt like quite a sight walking into Chick-fil-A. We weren't the only ones dressed as cows, but certainly in the minority.

But the Simpson Girls were ready for free grub, no matter who was lookin'!

The kids got to pose with the Cow, of course.

Someone, the one who loves cows (in theory) is terrified of cows in person.

Lindsay and Hayden, when asked to make their best cow face, gave me this.

Yes, I saved all our cow paraphernalia. We figure this will come in handy again...sometime!

2 comments:

Danika said...

Does this mean there are more blog posts to come?!? If so, YAY! :)
Yes, definitely save the costumes. They do that event every year (not that we go - we don't like Chick-fil-a...but I hear about it on all my deal blogs).

Molly said...

Ok I saw the title of this post and thought, what the heck? there was anotherfree day and they didn't invite us??? OK, glad you didn't leave us out. Did we happen to mention I went into labor the.next.day??? Thus the reason why I might have looked the most like a cow that day! Loved this!

Danika - how can one not like Chik-Fil-a????