Monday, March 14, 2011

Family Fun on the 4th

In light of the fact that I haven't blogged consistently for months, I bring you the following posts.

This past year, July 4th was a Sunday. Holidays that fall on a Sunday always present a special set of challenges as we try to find the balance between keeping the Sabbath day holy and honoring and celebrating traditions that go along with holidays. Since we are usually in South Carolina for the 4th, we decided that we would spend the day with Molly's family since we never get to do that. (Because we are totally hurting for together time. haha.) We planned a family BBQ, play time together, and get a little 4th action by watching the Fireworks display that was visible from the church a couple miles down the road. (Ironic, isn't it?)

Kate took a long walk off a short pier...

Caroline was in charge of the red, white, and blue punch we found in Family Fun Magazine.

Really cool effect. I think it will become a tradition!

Most everything "spectacular" is (was) illegal in Arizona. We can't get firecrackers, Piccolo Petes, Parrot Fountain Sprays, Bumble Bees, Sparklers...nothing! (New laws enacted this year in time for New Year's Eve changed some of it but it varies city to city.)

So We had Party Poppers. Woot.

Molly's culdesac was the perfect place to watch the Fireworks display that was about 2 miles away. I love these cousins. We are so excited that we are *this close* to signing a contact to build a home in their neighborhood!

I love this pic- I think Caroline is trying to help Kate be excited. Not sure it is working.

My epic fail of the day. I made yummy cupcakes adorned with cupcake toppers courtesy of The TomKatStudio My frosting apparently was too thin and just slid off the cupcakes. Quite a mess. And I tried so hard to make them cute...



3 comments:

The Evans Family said...

TWO new posts???? Woah!! =-) So a new home has won out? I can't wait to hear about that! I love the cows, I so wish we had Chick-fil-A here. Keep the posts coming!

Corbett Family said...

Hey, we need to get together soon. Maybe after Spring Break. Would love to hear about the "almost" new house! I'm way behind on my blog too.

Anonymous said...

caroline bring kate to me I will show you how to get her excited and I will do you at the same time