Today after church Caroline showed us a paper she had worked on in her primary class.
It looks like this:
It looks like this:
Dear Mom andHave I ever had a blessing? Please tell me about it.
Caroline
Oh, this was sooooo cute!! She told us she wrote it all by herself but her teacher wrote it on the chalk board and they copied it on their paper but she did it by herself. (She is really getting confident - not reading or anything but so much more confident than 3 weeks ago when she would throw her pencil down in frustration when trying to write a "K".)
So, we started to tell her about last spring, about a year ago, when she was really sick for all of spring break and we called our home teacher Bro. B. and he and Steve gave Caroline a blessing of healing. She had fevers over and over and we were in and out of the doctor, getting lab work, back to the doctors and more fevers and fevers and fevers and...
We were interrupted while telling this story of faith and healing to hear the following...
Caroline: "Mom, do we still have that show "Leaver to Beaver?" "
Mommy: "What?"
Caroline: "That show Leaver to Beaver! I really like that show. Can we watch it again?"
Steve: (rolls on the floor laughing burying his head in a pillow)
Mommy: "Do you mean Leave it to Beaver?"
Steve: (continues to roll on the floor laughing)
Caroline: (getting mad) " "Leaver to Beaver! Leaver to Beaver!"
Mommy: (laughing too burying my head in Steve's shoulder) I think you mean "Leave IT to Beaver." Does that sound like fevers and fevers?"
Lindsay: (Matter of factly from behind a book) "I Like "Leaver to Beaver"."
Caroline: (buries her head on the bed and is mad at us.)
Steve: (still busting a gut.)
Blessings and fevers and The Beaver. There you go.
Mommy: "What?"
Caroline: "That show Leaver to Beaver! I really like that show. Can we watch it again?"
Steve: (rolls on the floor laughing burying his head in a pillow)
Mommy: "Do you mean Leave it to Beaver?"
Steve: (continues to roll on the floor laughing)
Caroline: (getting mad) " "Leaver to Beaver! Leaver to Beaver!"
Mommy: (laughing too burying my head in Steve's shoulder) I think you mean "Leave IT to Beaver." Does that sound like fevers and fevers?"
Lindsay: (Matter of factly from behind a book) "I Like "Leaver to Beaver"."
Caroline: (buries her head on the bed and is mad at us.)
Steve: (still busting a gut.)
Blessings and fevers and The Beaver. There you go.












11 comments:
Love it! (Not the show Leaver to Beaver. I hate that!) Seriously, I read that out loud to Ryan and we were both busting a gut!
Brandon came home with the same thing from Primary (they made cute little cards). Our discussion on blessings was good...but not nearly as funny as yours!
lol...I love how little minds work!
This is truly hysterical! I am so glad you shared with us!
That is funny. We had the same discussion about blessings except not that funny. But it was sweet to have them ask mom and dad about it.
Kids say the funniest things. By the way St. Augustine is pretty close to Columbia, you'd love it. And yes we have a jogging stroller but ironically it wont close to fit in the trunk. I guess we should have read the fine print when we ordered it. I still can't believe we were both in S.C. after Christmas and missed each other. We're going back for Easter, wanna come then?
Your story about the Beaver was hilarious. I love it when they say things just slightly off. Lex brought home the same note yesterday, must be a popular activity. It is snowing crazy here in old P.A.
Hilarious! I was going to say the same thing as everybody else-we had a similar discussion last week but not as funny. We got to continue the discussion last night when Lee and my dad gave Isaac a blessing for his head. I am grateful for Priesthood blessings...but not The Beaver. =-)
This is a funny story Meredith! Your family is getting so big and cute.
i could eat her handwriting up! that is cute!! how old is she, she writes well!! i am glad to see that your cousin is making such great strides! he is in our prayers every night!
Loko at that cute handwriting! Love that girl. Both those girlies. Heck -- how about all 4 of you. Tell Steve he's got to step it up a notch ;p
Post a Comment