Yesterday afternoon Steve got a call from a neighbor around the corner who said she was driving home at 11:30pm and had seen a tent on the sidewalk and thought that was strange. (Of course.) She then said this morning on her way out of the neighborhood she saw what may have been a tent behind a fence at a house about 8 houses down, around the corner, and across the street from us.
Sure enough...
The rain fly is a little beaten up (when looking at it in a pile in my newly clean garage) so we will need to set it up to see how the rest of it survived. We may have got it back but we may still need a new one...
In other tent news...
We had a Girl's Camp Shake Down Sleepover and set up a few tents and cooked some delicious food - all in the name of camp certification. How does homemade pizza and chocolate cake inside a hollowed out orange peel sound and Parmesan and cinnamon bread sticks wrapped around a stick?? We love our camp director - no foil dinners, hot dogs, or dutch oven cobbler for us! I love these girls and love the leaders I have the pleasure of serving with in the YW presidency. You ladies rock!












8 comments:
that camp food just made me really hungry. maybe post the info on tuesdays with molly!
Glad it's found! I loved getting a glimpse of AZ landscape!
We used to eat eggs in an orange at girls camp. It was nasty and I am so glad they upgraded it! Sounds fun and yummy!
Boy, we sure are glad you found your tent! I am soo tired this morning after talking with you until 2:15 am EST!!!
I'm glad you found your tent!! I like that sign. haha. :) I can't wait to see you! I love your girls. They crack me up. Tell them I enjoyed them calling my this morning and that they can call me whenever the want to!!♥:)
Oh, Johnny, That's great!
Oh that is too funny! Glad you found it.
Have fun at Girl's Camp!!!!
You are like every young woman's dream leader. Every time I read about your activities I get a little disappointed that I am not 20 years younger and a girl in your group. Funny tent story.
Post a Comment