Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A story of faith and sports and Sunday Play

I am linking a story HERE about our nephew Everett, aka Bobby. He is a talented athlete and was recently presented with the dilemma of moving up to All-Star Baseball (apply the lesson to club soccer, or whatever your sports dilemma is) and Sunday play came up as a BIG issue. It just goes to show what sticking up for what you know is right will do for many.

Bravo Everett! That's a CTR, Faith, Prayer, and Commitment Grand Slam to us!

7 comments:

jeannie said...

Thank you, Meredith. I have literally had tears off and on all day. Tonight I met with the director to have Everett measured for his uniform. He shook my hand and thanked me for speaking up. He expressed his respect for our decision.Everett came home from school with a bounce in his stride. We feel so blessed but this entire ordeal has not been easy. It took a real toll on Brad. Thank you for you kind words to Everett.
We love y'all so much. Everett asked on the way to Scouts tonight about Caroline and Lindsay.Tell them he is so excited to see them.

Katrina said...

AWWWwwwwWWWW! That is amazing, AND fantastic. I feel for those of us trying to keep the Sabbath Day holy. Man, it is gettin' harder and harder as we try to place one foot in the world and one foot out.

My dad did lots of computer stuff, and his employees that worked with him knew, "We gotta get this done before Sunday so we don't offend Bruce's god." And it would always work out. Yeah, it works out.

Danika said...

Great story. What amazing faith! And her blog is super-cute too...

Unknown said...

Thank you for writing that. I will try to hit a home run for you. Tell Lindsay and Caroline I can't wait to see them in the summer.

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

So is this Everett aka Bobby, like Steve aka Sam?

The Evans Family said...

What a great story. Way to go Everett! I'll be sharing this story with Emma. So far Sunday decisions have been easy for her, I hope this story will help keep it that way!

Evon said...

This is an amazing story! Thanks for sharing it!