
Happy Birthday Zac and Kate!!!
(Molly has some of the best pics of Kate alone...she was quite the cooperative model...I will post them later.) With the cousin twins Zac and Kate having birthdays 3 weeks apart, we decided a joint birthday party was in order. Plus, Grandma, Shelly, and Joe were in town (an they were cranking up the heat pump on their new pool) so a little pool party for the kiddos was in order! We had a small family party with, of course, our like family friends The
Myers and
Rogers. Seriously - I think our kids will grow up thinking they are cousins for real. And its fine with me. The more cousins, the merrier!

We didn't have a party theme per se but a color theme. Of course the babies clothes HAD to match so a quick trip to Children's Place defined our color palate of turquoise blue, green, orange, and pink. Molly made the fabulous lemon layer cake and I made the little polka dot cakes for the wee ones. (To see how we made the
chalk board plate, click here!
shameless plug...)

Kate got a Red Wagon as her gift from Mommy and Daddy. Don't get me started on how many co-pays for one
Broken Arm this has cost me! But really, it has been a fantastic addition to the family wheels. I have always wanted one and this was as good of reason as any to buy one. Neighborhood family walks, big kid adventures, hauling gardening supplies to the back yard, etc. Kate LOVES it and squeals when she knows she gets to ride! Other great gifts included fun bath toys (a good thing because her favorite bath toy is the lid off an old bottle of shampoo), some cute clothes, and a fun retro Fisher Price Little People set!


LOVED her cake, by the way. Girl can eat. She knew what to do.

Seriously, Daddy is in love with this one.

A little dip - "
I'm just gonna put her feeties in"...famous last words!

Kate LOVES hanging out in the pool!
A fabulous birthday party, yes indeed! (click to enlarge).
More to come, you know, to celebrate my cute Katers Potaters...after her one year check-up Friday. More on her feet, her size, (can you believe my once fatso baby is a tiny munchkin), and a one year retrospective in pictures. I have been working on it and will finish it friday.
But tonight, we celebrate with a
birthday date planned by big sisters. A fun dinner out and a trip to
Build a Bear!!!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday, Cute Kate! What a fun post and details. Those smash cakes are just so cute, Meredith. But, the birthday girl is EVEN cuter! Hooray! Love you guys!
Wow - already a year! Time sure flies, doesn't it? I love the photo of her with her finger in the cake! Our wagon (knock on wood) has never caused us any co-pays, but our barstools almost did today...
Soo cute...Happy Birthday baby Kate!
Ohhhhh my goodness! That girl is magical - she must be part fairy, look at those blue eyes! It's no wonder her daddy can't resist her charms. She is truly one of the sweetest kids I've ever met, and I love that smile, so incredibly endearing. I also noticed the clean floor. ;P Good job mom!
Happy Birthday, cousin Kate, we love you. She is such a big girl now. The smash cake is so fun. These days when they are little are fleeting...
I hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating Kate's birthday. Wish we could be there with you. ♥
Such a cute one year old! I love the cakes-way cute! A wagon is a great present for a one year old, even if it does cause a lot of co-pays!
PS We had a complete Blendtec dinner last night. I love it!
Happy birthday! She is looking just like her sisters, now, too! Of course everything looked so cute. Great job, momma!
What a cute party. She is adorable, that year flew by.
Post a Comment