9 lbs 9 oz 21 inches
Dark Hair and very dark eyes for the time being!
So, as we were prepping for the surgery, I was chatting with the docs and I was for sure betting this was our biggest baby yet. Every nurse, aide, anesthesiologist, etc. who looked at me and said "Wow - you are ALL baby!" As Dr. Beck was getting to her, he said "Well, she is definitely working on some chin rolls!" Then, when she was at the warming table with the nurses, one of them held her up and said "I am guessing 9 9." They then put her on the scale and everyone laughed "She IS 9 9!!!!" That is when I said "Holy Hannah. She really was big!" Apparently I had a lot of fluid and a very large placenta as well - the nurse made it a point to tell several people about how much fluid I had. Yes, I was THAT big for a reason!
Mommy and baby...I am seeing that she is like Lindsay as a newborn.
Happy Family...
Wednesday morning. I made it a point to try to get my first decent stretch of sleep in about 6 weeks by making sure she would spend about 6 hours in the nursery overnight. I slept about 4, tossed and turned for a little while more and finally slept a bit more. It truly was the best sleep I have had in a while.
Just a cute Rolie Polie!!!
Aunt Shelly has been great. She always says that newborns make her nervous and so her principle job here is to take care of the big girls - that is more her speed. But she said this one doesn't make her anxious - probably because she is the size of a toddler!
More admirers! Both girls have such a nurturing instinct for this little sister of theirs!
When they came to the hospital on Tuesday, both girls got a little "big sister gift bag" with a "Big sister" t-shirt, some shorts, and a little bath gift set. I made the shirts - a little iron on transfer that I designed. It turned out really cute!
Ahhh....Dr. Beck! He is the most amazing doctor - he is Chief of Staff of the hospital and is extremely well regarded among the staff here. But, he is a man of FEW words. His appointments are never running late because he doesn't chit chat - all about the basic business of women's health. But yesterday while visiting before my surgery, we found out he is a huge fan of LOST - just like us! WOW - we talked for almost 5 whole minutes about LOST! When he left to go the surgery suite ahead of us, my nurse said "That was the most I have ever heard him talk ever, and I mean even if you string cumulative conversations together!" He really is fantastic and I enjoyed my surgery with him - we were talking and laughing the whole time.
Side by side...we kinda noticed that our baby is bigger than the Ashton's baby Zac...and he is now 3 weeks old!!!We truly feel blessed to have this new little girl in the family. She is so far a very mild mannered and delightful baby. We are truly in love with her.













16 comments:
She's adorable! Congratulations! I love the hair...
Oh, what a sweetie! Can't wait to get my hands on her!
Congratulations! She is cute (and big). I forgot to tell you that we will be in AZ in June. I'll e-mail you the details and maybe we can hook up with you guys and meet her.
You 'kind' of noticed that she's bigger than Zac?!? Of course, she is, she's gigantic. But so beautiful! We can't wait to see her. She will fit in well with her sisters. I think she looks more like Steve than the other girls did. So cute!
she is so beautiful! but the real story here is YOU! you look GORGEOUS in your post-baby pics. i don't look that good on a normal day.
Meredith,
Baby girl Simpson is just too much!! We already love her and cannot wait to see her next month. You look terrific!
Love to you all!
The GA Simpsons
How fun to have another baby in the family - they'll get to grow up together and do fun stuff that is "age appropriate," like draw on the walls, get into the toilet paper and other things that would otherwise make you believe that you had the only crazy child!
She's so cute! I can't wait to see she and Zac grow up together! Congrats!
What a cutie! She is SO chubby I can't believe I had one that big once. Ainsley saw the picture and asked when you had time to cut her hair already. :) Can't wait to find out her name!!!!
She is so cute! I can't wait to hold her. When can I came over??
Shelley said she was leaving on Tuesday, so let's plan a coupld of days for Lindsay to come home with us from school and I'll do her homework and stuff with her.
Congratulations! I love her hair, brings back memories of your long pigtails and my bald head! Hope you are doing well. I am anxiously awaiting the name. =-)
What a beautiful baby with tons of dark hair!! I'm so happy for all you and the latest adventure in your life. It will be so fun for you to watch her personality develop and watch the girls mother her!
I'm so glad to hear that you both are happy and healthy!! I will anxiously await her name :)
What a beautiful baby! That dark hair is gorgeous. And BTW, you look amazing too! This is such an exciting time for your family. Your two "older" girls look thrilled beyond words. Congratulations to you all!
is there a name yet? it's sunday and i was just thinking about baby girl simpson. you look great, she is darling, what a sweet family, congrats again
Okay she is way cute! What a chunk! Love how healthy she looks! So I am sooooooooo curious as to what her name is though....Please tell us...or me...maybe I am the only one who doesn't know yet!
Congratulations! That is SO exciting! She is so darling and has SO much hair! Wow!! It is going to be fun having the 2 babies so close in age to each other! So cute!!! I hope I am lucky like you and get a girl!! I'm jealous!
Post a Comment